csv files

Hi all

Well, its come to that time that I need help again.

My supplier (out of the goodness of their heart) supplies me with a csv file for products. I have tried uploading this with a degree of success.

I can get to the point where , after I have uploaded the file, it says:

Your data
Please set the value type of each column

Skip 0 lines.
When I click import csv data, the next page says hack attempt. What is this?

Thanks for the help

18402_EuRaK6iJpb4L0i4SiOQT_t

i think is due to the default category. but i don´t know how to solve this. in the column categories of the csv i put: "Home, category2, category3"

it happened to me when i remove all manufacturers and all categories but the Home category

any one know to solve the "hack attempt"?

Sorry it was because i was importing a CSV with specials characters like ñ,ó, etc

i'll try to import the characters usin html code (ñ) etc

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, new problem.

How do I get the default settings without installing a CSV ? Basically, how do i uninstall as I may have made an error. Cant see a solution except to reinstall shop. Am I able to upload a file via FTP to a directory from the prestashop folder on my laptop?

Thanks for any info

Andy

Ok, new problem.

How do I get the default settings without installing a CSV ? Basically, how do i uninstall as I may have made an error. Cant see a solution except to reinstall shop. Am I able to upload a file via FTP to a directory from the prestashop folder on my laptop?

Thanks for any info

Andy

Ive re-installed. Good job its just testing purposes before the big push. Still having problems importing csv file though. I too get a hack attempt

I'm not sure why they truly exported it as a csv file that it's exporting with html tagging, I have no issues going from excel 2007 to csv then uploading. I have not tried on my mac with openoffice, as that's my personal computer and has none of my work files on it.

Have you tried manually saving the file out as a csv, instead of using the one they provided? The other option is to try opening the file in in google docs spreadsheet and saving out as a csv. That would give you one more exported file to verify that it's on your suppliers end that the coding is coming in and not yours.

Open the file up in openoffice cal, then re-export that spreadsheet as a csv file. Same thing with google docs. Do you still get the html coding?

It almost sounds like they're exporting from a website to a csv file and some of the coding is tagging along for the ride. If you do this on a regular basis, hand removing the table coding is going to be time consuming, unless it's exactly the same in everyone. Then you could do a find and replace.

We update all of our stock 4 times a day and the 1100 pieces at 8:00 am could be completely different from teh 1100 pieces at 10am, so we just upload a new csv 4 times a day. Can't use the wishlist, but it saves us a headache of massive updating.

Sorry my wording may have confused, when I said export I should have said save as. Have you tried saving it through save as and changing the save as drop down from .cal to .csv (I don't have my mac with me, but if I remember right, you should be able to pick what kind of file you want to save it as). This shouldn't need to be an export.

If you don't have access to a spreadsheet program that will save as a csv file, then create a google account and use google docs spreadsheet. This will give you the option to save as a csv. Then when you open it in notepad, you shouldn't (fingers crossed) see any of that stuff.

Found this, you should be able to do it with oo...

Saving as a CSV file

To save a spreadsheet as a comma separated value (CSV) file:

1. Choose File > Save As.
2. In the File name box, type a name for the file.
3. In the File type list, select Text CSV and click Save.

You may see the message box shown below. Click Keep Current Format.

Image:CG3Ch1F5c.png
4. In the Export of text files dialog, select the options you want. Click OK.
Choosing options when exporting to Text CSV

To view the message boxes go to this link...http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/OOo3_User_Guides/Calc_Guide/Saving_spreadsheets#Saving_as_a_CSV_file

Well, I dont know what I have done, but it has worked.

Basically, I deleted the cells I did not need and I also saved the new file as advised as a CSV, uploaded it and "hey prestashop", I now have 282 pages of stock. I just need to add the images, but I wont be stocking everything so shouldnt take too long.

Thanks to all the help and info. If I get stuck again I know where to come :)

ok, things are working fine. Have added images to the descriptions etc etc.

Heres where I find a problem.

I have 180 items in one catagory. For easier reference for the customer I would like to create sub folders to break the 180 chunk up.

Obviously, It will be easier to sub cat Kung fu, Karate, Judo etc etc. What field do I need to add in the csv file to create that or is there a way of transfering existing enteries into a new sub folder within BO?

Thanks for any help. ;)

You need to create the categories. Bear with me, I'm not familiar with your products so I'm using generalizations. Create a category called nylon then have gloves be the parent category. So on until all your sub categories are done as well.

Then when you import them and create a column in the csv file called out for categories. The info you want to use is the number in the ID column, I attached a screen shot of mine. Then each ID for that item is separated by a comma with no spaces, IE...5,10,20.

In my case, all of mine are parent categories, but the products are part of two, all of them are in the all category and then either in Boss or Western. In your case same thing but the sub categories will be under the parent category instead of equal to it.

19360_XJOB5epU1ycVgjdBm7CP_t