Remove shop name from titles

realefab

Hello,

my SEO expert told me that it is wrong to display the shop name at the end of all titles.

How can I avoid it?

I'd like to set the titles for my pages in the SEO setting without the shop name.

Thank you,

Fabrizio

Hi!

Your SEO expert could be more friendly with you and solve that problem... 

Anyway, I may help You

You need to log into your hosting panel, --> File manager

Search the folder "Classes" and inside check the file "Meta.php"

In this document there are some php functions called like "getProductsMeta" or "getCategoryMetas"

If you delete the parameter "" Configuration::get('PS_SHOP_NAME');"" in any function you are removing this title for the specified metas

The metas could be for supplier, product, home page, categories... You can delete from all or just from the ones you want

Advice: It´s needed some php knowledge, otherwise this could affect to your PS configuration and destroy all your SEO

If need some help contact on mprodriguez89 -- at -- socialxpl -- dot-- com

PD: Sorry for my bad english

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

my SEO expert told me that it is wrong to display the shop name at the end of all titles.

How can I avoid it?

I'd like to set the titles for my pages in the SEO setting without the shop name.

Thank you,

Fabrizio

Could be a great SEO expert.... or not

Amazon has the shop name in titles.... Zara.com, Walmart.com, Apple.com, Privalia.com, Elcorteingle.es, Mango.com all them has shop namo or domain in title.

are you sure es better delete it.

Seen this examples maybe y better add un PS_Configuration some like PS_SHOP_DOMAIN_SEO and change PS_SHOP_NAME. (we have just PS_SHOP_DOMAIN, buy it better Shop.com against www.shop.com)

Edited by moraira (see edit history)

Hello,

How can I avoid it?

Thank you,

Fabrizio

Shop name at the end ? Please make a screen of your configuration of TAB "preferences -> seo & URL's -> schema of URL's".

Shop name at the end of URL seems to be not a native thing, but a customized one. Are you using an extra SEO module which is not native ?

Edited by selectshop.at (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Shop name at the end ? Please make a screen of your configuration of TAB "preferences -> seo & URL's -> schema of URL's".

Shop name at the end of URL seems to be not a native thing, but a customized one. Are you using an extra SEO module which is not native ?

No mate, we are talking about Titles (meta titles) not URL's, the code is at classes/meta.php

Could be a great SEO expert.... or not

Amazon has the shop name in titles.... Zara.com, Walmart.com, Apple.com, Privalia.com, Elcorteingle.es, Mango.com all them has shop namo or domain in title.

are you sure es better delete it.

Seen this examples maybe y better add un PS_Configuration some like PS_SHOP_DOMAIN_SEO and change PS_SHOP_NAME. (we have just PS_SHOP_DOMAIN, buy it better Shop.com against www.shop.com)

Thank you for your feedback.

The real problem is that Prestashop uses the same field for 2 different goals.

Because the Shop Name is used elsewere otherwise it would be good to add it to the tilte.

Fabrizio

No mate, we are talking about Titles (meta titles) not URL's, the code is at classes/meta.php

The responsible file for forming of the metas is header.tpl of your theme. Simply change your /themes/yourtheme/header.tpl.

From what I can see there is not the shop-name added tho the URL construct.

<title>{$meta_title|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}</title>  

You are using an own or adapted Theme ?  or are you talking about the meta generator you can see on source code ?

By the way there is no bad SEO when you add the shop-name to your meta-titles. I since years have changed this line to:

<title>{$meta_title|escape:'html':'UTF-8'} - Shopname, buy high quality dog accessories and food.</title>   

And have a great seo with my own brand, which is equal to the shopname. This is SEO for to make brands grow up, and also the reason why big brands like Amazon do the same... If I was you, I will not remove this, but use it for to build-up your brand/shopname-

• Like 1

Hello,

How can I avoid it?

Thank you,

Fabrizio

If you have an old prestashop version is like selectshop.at say, but if is new you must change this lines in Meta.php

$row['meta_title'] = $row['meta_title'].' - '.Configuration::get('PS_SHOP_NAME');  

If you have an old prestashop version is like selectshop.at say, but if is new you must change this lines in Meta.php

$row['meta_title'] = $row['meta_title'].' - '.Configuration::get('PS_SHOP_NAME');  

No. Also on old Prestashop version the same procedure. I'm using Prestashop since PS 1.3.11 and only on big upgrades (Version 1.3 to 1.4., version 1.4. to 1.5, etc) I changed only the lines in header.tpl, cause also made an upgrade for the theme to be compatible with the version. It is not necessary to change CORE files, cause it will be lost on an unpgrade. The theme files, if you use and own theme, are not going to be lost on upgrades.

No. Also on old Prestashop version the same procedure. I'm using Prestashop since PS 1.3.11 and only on big upgrades (Version 1.3 to 1.4., version 1.4. to 1.5, etc) I changed only the lines in header.tpl, cause also made an upgrade for the theme to be compatible with the version. It is not necessary to change CORE files, cause it will be lost on an unpgrade. The theme files, if you use and own theme, are not going to be lost on upgrades.

NOPE MATE YOU ARE WRONG.

Please read before write, we are talking about DELETE shop name from meta titles

In heather.tpl of default template of New Prestashop v1.6 (other version are old) has this

<title>{$meta_title|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}</title> 

And $meta_title HAS shop name, because if you see meta.php shop name is add to meta_title before arrives to heather.tpl

I don`t know if in old versions (before 1.6) meta.php add shop name or not, but first post ask for delete it not add.

If you add it many years ago in your shop at heather.tpl great for you, but  realefabff want titles without, not with

Well I took a look into this. It is a special problem of PS 1.6.0.14. Tested all versions from 1.4., 1.5. and 1.6. till 1.6.0.11. There IS NO SHOP NAME on <title>tag. Only PS-Version 1.6.0.14 has this "speciallity".

And yes you are right the only possibility to take SHOPNAME from <title>tag is to rework the meta.php.

Strange why Prestashop suddenly is changing the architecture/rules... Perhaps a bug or due to multishop ?? Don't know the reason why they are changing rules they applied since years...

I'm putting this into bug-tracker. You can follow the reason of the change here: http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/PSCSX-5305

• 1 year later...

The line should look like this

reemplace 

$ret['meta_title'] = (isset($metas['title']) && $metas['title']) ? $metas['title'].' - '.Configuration::get('PS_SHOP_NAME') : Configuration::get('PS_SHOP_NAME');

by 

$ret['meta_title'] = (isset($metas['title']) && $metas['title']) ? $metas['title'] : '';
Edited by Ron morales (see edit history)
  • Like 1