Cant install - fialing at database page.

Downloaded the latest 1.6 and on a fresh installation it wont connect on the database page. I've used PS a lot in older versions and know what to put in, and I have check db name, server, pw etc.

It keeps saying:

Database Server is not found. Please verify the login, password and server fields (DbPDO)

With dev mode on it says:

Warning: PDO::__construct(): The server requested authentication method unknown to the client [mysql_old_password] in /home/lctprope/public_html/classes/db/DbPDO.php on line 44

which is

return new PDO($dsn, $user, $password, array(PDO::ATTR_TIMEOUT => $timeout, PDO::MYSQL_ATTR_USE_BUFFERED_QUERY => true));

I have tried to make a new database, new database user, even tried a database on a different server. No luck with anything. Anyone had anything similar? I'm really confused here.

Thanks

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

(restating problem for google fu)

Found this when having same problem trying to migrate from prestashop 1.4 to prestashop 1.6 install gives error:

Database Server is not found. Please verify the login, password and server fields (DbPDO)

Seems prestashop now tries to detect mysql, mysqli, or dbpdo for connecting and falsely detects dbpdo.  I am investigating my server configuration still, but the quick fix was to force mysql method by commenting out lines 288-293 in /classes/db/Db.php