Store-Pickup shouldn't require shipping address

this would be a complete redesign of prestashop.

Prestashop asks for the customers address first, so that it can figure out delivery options.  you would have to redesign the checkout experience so you ask the customer upfront if they are going to pick up in store, and then suppress asking for address information,

then you would have to customize the paypal module to account for the missing shipping information.

Hello,

ok, I tried to keep the thing simple. Actually I don't have a pick-up store, instead I sell a tourist tour. So normally I would use a virtual product, but since I need combinations I'm forced to use a standard product. I'm using the OPC, so now I have hidden one fake shipping carrier. 

I ran into the problem that paypal requires a shipping address... but fixing that was pretty simple. But right now it feels like a hack. 

Does the paypal payment module really require a shipping address even for virtual products?

Thanks,

Roland

Paypal does not require a shipping address, but the paypal module was coded assuming that shipping would be provided. 

you have to look at the 2 parameters ADDROVERRIDE and NOSHIPPING that are used by the module.  I do not believe the module is properly designed with these 2 parameters.

• 3 years later...

Hello,

does anyone know if aactually it's still the same? Also with last Prestashop 1.7.4.1 there's no way of hiding shipping address for a defined carrier?

I think that this is a feature that every e-commerce website should have.

A lot of us have also physical store and do we know that it's not good asking to the customer for useless informations, this create also confusion when the customer see that we're asking for "shipping address" and they want to pick-up the products at our local store.