Pandoma

Edit html codes in footer

Hi, i was wondering how do i edit the footer's code.

Cause i was hoping to add a live chat to my website and it needs a certain code to be pasted into the footer file to make it work. i hope you can help me with this.

Thank you.

themes/default-bootstrap/footer.tpl

Or your theme's name instead of the default, of course

i dont get it, should i do it in prestashop of ftp? cause i dont see any footer.tpl

Ok  i found it but i dont know where i should put it, i put it after the {* *} but it doesnt work

Where do i place the codes?

Hello there, 

if you are trying to integrate zopim as a livechat service you can check one of our Prestashop 1.6 tutorials on the matter.

If you are trying to integrate some other live chat service I assume that you should put the code of the service just before the closing </body> tag.

Best Regards,
FastComet Team 

you can use also free extensions like html block free / content box to put own contents to footer section.

you will avoid files modification and all you want you can achieve directly from shop back office.

If you won't need any dynamic smarty variable inside the script, you should ideally wrap it inside {literal}{/literal}

Hello there, 

if you are trying to integrate zopim as a livechat service you can check one of our Prestashop 1.6 tutorials on the matter.

If you are trying to integrate some other live chat service I assume that you should put the code of the service just before the closing </body> tag.

Best Regards,

FastComet Team 

it doesnt work

you can use also free extensions like html block free / content box to put own contents to footer section.

you will avoid files modification and all you want you can achieve directly from shop back office.

How do i install it?

If you won't need any dynamic smarty variable inside the script, you should ideally wrap it inside {literal}{/literal}

Im a bit confused here

I mean that you can use your script like

<script>

{literal}

//whatever you need here

{/literal}

</script>

On 3/16/2015 at 10:50 AM, NemoPS said:

themes/default-bootstrap/footer.tpl

Or your theme's name instead of the default, of course

Hi @NemoPS @vekia and other PS gurus

Sorry for replying to such an old thread but I need some heIp with adding some html code in footer, next to that "Ecommerce software by Prestahop" part. If you could help me with something, I would really appreciate it.

Basically I need to add small images/icons of accepted paying cards, maybe 7-8 of them, and link each of them to a specific url. 

Site has a custom theme and url is https://alati.shop/

Thanks in advance,

Regards

Hard to tell since it's a custom theme. Prestashop version? You could try footer.tpl anyway.

On 1/17/2020 at 2:57 PM, NemoPS said:

Hard to tell since it's a custom theme. Prestashop version? You could try footer.tpl anyway.

Hi Nemo, thanks for your reply. Its a 1.6.1.11 version with custom theme from Template Monster. Dont know much since Im trying to do it as a favor to a friend. Ive tried vekias free html box module but it doesnt save any changes, even w purifier off.

So I just add a html code to a custom themes footer.tpl?

Edited by vmarkovic (see edit history)