[RESOLVED][CMS] How to add CMS block on the left column of the CMS Page ?

Hi Prestashop Members,

I've searched and tried so many methods to display CMS blocks on the left column of CMS page but of no avail.

1.Preference -> CMS -> Edit CMS block to left column -> OK

But it displayed on the left column of the main page.

2. Preference -> Theme -> advanced settings -> Appearance of columns , I tried to find out CMS page but there is no such page to enable left column.

Could someone tell me how to display cms block only on the left column of the cms page, but not the other pages ?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Best Regards

Edited by xiparos (see edit history)

Hi are you sure you chose the right options in 

Preference -> Theme -> advanced settings -> Appearance of columns ??

post-908574-0-81765300-1426465156_thumb.png

If you look at this image. You just need to select(tick/turn on) cms option and untick all other options. So your left column will appear only on your cms pages. I hope this helps

Hi Shri,

Thanks for your reply.

I used a paid theme in which cms page is not shown in the page list of Appearance of columns. I'll ask the theme author for help.

One more question, as you said, I should untick left column of all other pages in Appearance of columns,

but not only cms block, there are also other modules hooked in left column.

In this case, how should I display only cms block, without other hooked module in left column in cms page ?

Best Regards

Edited by xiparos (see edit history)

Hi All,

I give my feedback.

It's a bug related to PS 1.6.0.11, I wish it's been already fixed in PS 1.6.0.13.

The bug existed in /controllers/admin/AdminThemesController.php line 260.

https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/commit/3047ee0b3246cb1270a8fbfc51a19de2563da7ad

replace the green part with the red part, refresh the admin page and the problem will be resolved.

PS: The author from whom I bought the Theme kindly pointed this out, even it's not his job to take charge of fixing such kind of problem.

He is very responsible for after sale support, I really appreciate it.

Anyone interested in a easily used, powerful all integrated extensible theme can PM me for more details.

Cheers

• Like 1

Hi,

Go to the Modules -> Position and in section "displayLeftColumn" remove everything what you want to hide. It should work.

Hi, SirPresta,

I wonder to know whether there is a "coding" way to deal with this.

'cause I have to click every item in "displayLeftColumn" section to add exception in cms page, it's repeated job.

Cheers,

• 8 months later...
Hi,

I would like to see on some pages CMS blocks in the left column and on other pages different blocks.

So I would columns different pages CMS.