Problem with mailalert 2.2

Mail alerts v2.2
Sends e-mails notifications to customers and merchants >> Configure

I have the problem where I got no messages with mailalerts. Not messages from customers trough the website or when order are placed.

I had it working before when I had the 1.2.2 version, but after some time I got no messages.. Then unstable.. and now nothing. Yesterday I upgraded to 1.3 alpha 1 to see if it would be solved, but no.

I also try to uninstall the module and try to install it again, but then I get this error:

The following module(s) were not installed successfully:
mailalerts

And when I check the module it is still installed, just with no e-mail address and settings.

Please help..

Still got this when I try to uninstall.. Now with 1.2.5 final.

The following module(s) were not installed successfully:
mailalerts

Also uplodaded the one you attatched now, but still can`t uninstall. I`ll try to send some messages trough the webshop and make test orders just to see what happen now.

Did you manage to fix this - I have exactly the same problem.

Mail was working perfectly, until a customer rang to ask if we had received the order - as it turned out no acknowledgement was sent.

Thought we would try uninstalling and re-installing the module - but uninstall failed.

Tried sending from the contact form to see what would happen - and that fails too.

Checked that the php mail was working by writing a short script - and that worked - so it is something to do with ps or the server config relating to how it's working.

- Andrew

Still not working.. So I have to manually go into the order line on my webshop from time to time to see if anyone placed an order.

something else bugging me also are that I can`t separate e-mail when out of stock and when an order is placed. I have one e-mail for ordering and another for stock since a 3rd party company do the shipping they don`t need to know when my shop is out of stock. They are not managing the webshop.

Hi

Can you receive messages via the contact form? (I can't get them any more either)

- Andrew

Me neither.. Not getting any messages trough contact form or when order are placed.

Also can`t uninstall the module

---

PS!..

Could I add CancelOrder in one line and it would e-mail when it works about cancelled orders??

public function install()
{
if (!parent::install() OR
!$this->registerHook('newOrder') OR
!$this->registerHook('updateQuantity') OR
!$this->registerHook('productOutOfStock') OR
!$this->registerHook('customerAccount') OR
!$this->registerHook('updateProduct') OR
!$this->registerHook('updateProductAttribute')
)
return false;

I got one.com also. I tried to set from php mail to smtp settings and instead using the e-mail I have on one.com and my domain.

1 error
an error occurred while sending e-mail to the customer

This is all I get when sending message to the customer trough the order contact

I have proved (to myself I think) that it is not PHP which is the problem.

First I set up a test e-mail .php page - that worked OK.

In the customer contact form I set a line to send a "Hello World" e-mail just before attempting to send and capture the error.

I get my "Hello World" mail OK but still get the Prestashop error message.

Did you also have the problem before they upgraded all the servers / had the problems at the weekend?

- Andrew

I have proved (to myself I think) that it is not PHP which is the problem.

First I set up a test e-mail .php page - that worked OK.

In the customer contact form I set a line to send a "Hello World" e-mail just before attempting to send and capture the error.

I get my "Hello World" mail OK but still get the Prestashop error message.

Did you also have the problem before they upgraded all the servers / had the problems at the weekend?

- Andrew

It was probably 1-2 weeks ago I started notice the problem. Before I only had a few problems, but now it is full stop.

I also started a week ago to get paypal payment error on some orders and error when adding tracking number on shipped orders.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm not with one.com, my hosting company is bravehost.com but i still had this same problem after upgrading to PrestaShop 1.2.5. Whether I used PHP Mail or SMTP settings, order notifications were not being received by customer or merchant and the contact form stopped working.

I used the Swedish post above recommended by Andrew and copied http://www.prestashop.com/?ACT=29&fid=40&aid=17945_OZONax81twrociUgYDLw&board_id=1 the mailsend.php attachement to the plugins folder in Swift - my problem is solved after many weeks of Googling.

Thanks Andrew :)