Sub - Categories

Hi

Just wondering if anyone could help me out.

Is there a way so that when you click on a top level category on the menu, that the sub categories of this menu are not displayed in the centre of the page.

When someone clicks on a top level category in my store I want just a list of select products to appear in the centre of the page. The subcategories will appear on the menu anyway, I don't see the need to have them listed twice.

Hope ye understand what I mean!

Many thanks

Modify category.tpl in your theme's directory and {* comment out *} the following code starting at line 23:

{if isset($subcategories)}
<!-- Subcategories -->

{l s='Subcategories'}

{foreach from=$subcategories item=subcategory}

getCategoryLink($subcategory.id_category, $subcategory.link_rewrite)|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}" title="{$subcategory.name|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}">
               {if $subcategory.id_image}
getCatImageLink($subcategory.link_rewrite, $subcategory.id_image, 'medium')}" alt="" />
               {else}

{/if}

getCategoryLink($subcategory.id_category, $subcategory.link_rewrite)|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}">{$subcategory.name|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}

{/foreach}

{/if}

Thank you very much Rocky, that's exactly what I was looking for.

Is it possible when you click on a top level category that it opens up a specific sub category.

eg I have
Laptops
-Dell
-Apple
-HP

Is it possible when someone clicks on laptops it will expand the menu and open say the dell page. I'm using the "Sliding Categories block v1.0"

Thanks again Rocky

• 2 weeks later...

Go to Catalog > Add new subcategory, create a subsubcategory, then set the parent category to the subcategory. You can then create another subsubcategory and set its parent category to the same subcategory and it should display how you want.

i have exacly what u have

look:

{foreach from=$subcategories item=subcategory}

getCategoryLink($subcategory.id_category, $subcategory.link_rewrite)|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}" title="{$subcategory.name|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}">
                   {if $subcategory.id_image}
getCatImageLink($subcategory.link_rewrite, $subcategory.id_image, 'medium')}" alt="" />
                   {else}

{/if}

[b]  HERE WHANT HAVE SUBCATEGORY OF IT CATEGORY!![/b]

{/foreach} 

need i want show sub category of category.
i have photo maindly category and next need list of subcategory of it.

u know what i need? :)