Is it possible to bulk update only wholesale price and quantity of products?

Simonkl

Question

Hi PS guys,

It might just be me that is not getting how it works, but I have a very simpel problem that I can´t solve.

I´ve tested with the CSV import, and I have come across huge problem.

I have manually added 100 products to my store with some initial price and quantity values. The products are associated with several subcategories, and they need to be (toners that are products associated with several printer models).

Now I start receiving updates on the quantity and price daily in an Excel file. I can convert this to the CSV, and import it to PS Cloud.

NOW to the problem. The category for all the products are reset from the values I set to the default home category. This means that I will have to manually change all the categories again. Can this be true, or is there a way around this?

Thanks.

-Simon

8 answers to this question

On cloud there is only one version in use, which is 1.6.0.11. You don't have possibility to upgrade.

On cloud there is version going from 1.6.0.7 to 1.6.0.14, however I don't think that there is below 1.6.0.9 in use unless from earlier beta tester.

Hi there.

I´m also on version 1.6.0.11 in the Cloud.

Selectshop.at, you mention that I can do this via CSV, but don´t give an example on how to do it.

I have a product that is associated with 3-4 different sub-categories, and when I update stock and price via CSV, the categories are reset to the home category.

Can you give me an example on how you would do it?

Thanks

-Simon

CSV samples you will find on your tab: advanced parameters -> csv import. On the right side container you will find some csv samples for download. Use the one for products.

If your product is in more than one category, than you should separate the data by ; for example. or other you can specify during import.

ipod;Laptops;Accessories

Edited by selectshop.at (see edit history)

Hi PS guys,

It might just be me that is not getting how it works, but I have a very simpel problem that I can´t solve.
I´ve tested with the CSV import, and I have come across huge problem.

I have manually added 100 products to my store with some initial price and quantity values. The products are associated with several subcategories, and they need to be (toners that are products associated with several printer models).

Now I start receiving updates on the quantity and price daily in an Excel file. I can convert this to the CSV, and import it to PS Cloud.

NOW to the problem. The category for all the products are reset from the values I set to the default home category. This means that I will have to manually change all the categories again. Can this be true, or is there a way around this?

Thanks.
-Simon

Good day! You could find a solution for this? My problem is not particular with the subjects ... but with all fields not filled again to update the csv.
For example, only filled the "price" and "quantity", and others such as "description", "category", etc, I leave empty fields.
When import the csv, those empty data replaces the above and lose all information, as you were explaining.

I await your prompt response.
Thanks!!!!