Changing some text on COD module

Hi,

I have a problem with the module COD. In fact what I need is CASH ON PICKUP AT STORE module, but I could not find any free module like that. So I thought that if I install COD module I would be able to change the one word from on "delivery" to on "pickup". Well the website is in French so I would use the correct French words.

Anyways, I found on my server the folder with module cashondelivery and there is that file fr.php... I edited that file, changed the word from livraison (delivery) to collecte (pickup) and replaced the file on the server.

After those changes the whole module stops working correctly, does not display all info and gives me an error 500 when I click to confirm the order.

Does anybody knows how to fix that... ?

Is it possible to change some words in a module file?

Thanks for any help and sugestions.

I am attaching some printscreens.

post-842269-0-20621300-1426198175_thumb.jpg

post-842269-0-21205000-1426198178_thumb.jpg

Hi,

Under the Shipping > carriers option, when I want to add a new one, I do not have a a module Pick up in store.

However, there is :  "Create a custom carrier" which I used to create Pick up in strore option. This seems to be working fine.

But, tell me please how can I now configurate a payment option "pay by cash on pick up". Because untill now even if the customer chooses the pick up in the store option, after that it takes the customer to choose payment methode, and I have Paypal or bank transfer + cash on delivery, but pick up in store is not a delivery and it is confusing for the custsomers as they see payment by cash on delivery but they did not choose delivery but pick up. 

thanks