Chat Room

pcbob

Question

Hi

Would it be a good idea to have a chat facility for people to help others "live" rather than posts and private messages ?

It;s just an idea and works well on another forum I am with.

Thanks for your time

Bob

6 answers to this question

Thanks for your quick reply.

I was looking at it in a more of a tutorial situation. I had an example earlier today (problem and my solution were posted - but I didn't give enough detail). I eventually sorted it for him, as he kindly gave me admin access, and the problem is solved, (This was to do with attribuste).
I then thought, well if I had explained this live he would have learnt quicker.
I also posted my omitted results in the same thread for others to benefit. :)

As I said it was just an idea. Many thanks for an awesome cart, even after 3 weeks of playing, I'm still finding things I didn't know could be done.

Look forward to helping more on teh forum.

Regards

Bob

I agree with you that a chat room would be quicker, but I ultimately I agree with Damien that at least with a Forum discussion thread there is a permanent record of the discussion.

Thanks for all the help you've been giving your fellow users on the boards here, Bob. We appreciate it immensely!

:)

Well, I think it's handy myself... I'm normally on IRC during the day so I have been idling in there the past few days myself.. If I can help out people with some simple problems then I don't see the harm. Yes a forums handy but people don't always put up their fixes or info, and sometimes replies can take ages or not come at all. A live room may not solve it but it does help alleviate problems, and I for one am happy to use both and help if I can in both! Just for the record I am JMP-TOK in the ubuntu room.. be nice to create a little live community of helpers in there if poss.. Variety is the spice of life as they say!! ;)

Maybe catch some of you guys on IRC..!

P.S. the channel owner needs to sort out some topics etc n get the room tidyed up a bit! haha ;) jokes