minic studio

[IDEA] Product data sharing between shops

Hi,

I opened this post because i have a ( FREE! ) module idea and i would like to create the module, just i'm not sure about the features and about the popularity.

Basically my idea is that i could create a module to share product data and download from each other. Imagine a module which u upload and in the module u can clone products from other stores which uses the same module. With the module we could speed up the product creation process.

In the module you can search for products from other shops based on some criteria like: name, reference, category, tag?

And you can clone some of the details like: name, description, images?, tags?

The whole thing could be multilingual, also on search there will be a link to the product, so you can check the quality of the product. Also we could implement some kind of rating system to rate product data quality.

I see that most of the people could think that this is a stealing and why should i share my products which i uploaded with hard work. BUT in the long run everyone can shorten the uploading process even if sometimes u must upload several products.

What do you think? Could this be a working module? Is there anyone who would like to use it?

Please share what do you think.

• Like 1

Yeah, that would be really usefull in my case, I have 2 clones shops :

One is public

One is private for business buyers, same products but differents prices and no indexation

I don't like to play with phpmyadmin so I do all the work twice, with a module like that, I would save a lot of time :D

Edited by KevinNash (see edit history)
  • Like 1

One is public

One is private for business buyers, same products but differents prices and no indexation

I8 don't like to play with phpmyadmin so I do all the work twice, with a module like that, I would save a lot of time :D

Basically the main idea is that when u need to add new products you can save time if someone else already did it. But could be handy in your use case too. You dont mind to share your products data with others? I think this can be the bleeding edge of the module.

It would be awesome if they could share a warehouse, for example (using advanced stock management) :D.

One is public

I don't like to play with phpmyadmin so I do all the work twice, with a module like that, I would save a lot of time :D

Why you didnt use multishop function? A few minutes and u have your shop clone with all products. And make a little edition to make ir private and no indexation :D

You will need a solid infrastructure to handle this. It's not just a module: the module is just a client for the service, which needs authentication, authorization, storage, indexation, APIs and a lot more. For sure, it can't be free.

That's just my opinion.

Please make module compatible with prestashop 1.5.4.1 and above people who are on prestashop 1.5 and not left behind  :(