Filter with other category

Hello,

I can't find the solution to my problem, hope you can help :)

We sell old books. We have a lot of products (more than 15000).

I have a Category 1 > Country (with sub-categories > books from UK, US, France, China...)

I have a Category 2 > Theme (with sub-categories > books about Action, Thriller, Biography, Family...)

If someone is searching per country, let's say he goes to UK, there are 1000 products (that's a lot to browse). What I'd like is that he could filter per theme (so category 2). But it's not a sub-category.

> I go to "UK" then choose "action" so I only see books from UK about action. And the same way if i go to "Action" I can choose "UK".

That's not a sub-category, that's not an attribute...  and I can't find a module to do it. I'm stuck.

Is there a way to do it ? (I use Prestashop 1.6.)

Thanks

I suggest that you use features instead of categories and then use the Layered Navigation block to filter by country and theme. For example, go to the Catalog > Product Features tab, click the "Add new feature" button to create a "Country" feature, then click the "Add new feature value" button to add "UK" and other countries to the "Country" feature. Do the same to create a "Theme" feature with "Action" and other genres as feature values.

You can then go to the Catalog > Products tab, edit a product, go to the Features tab, select the country and theme in the dropdowns, then click the "Save" button. Once some of your products have features, you can go to the configuration page of the Layered Navigation block on the Modules tab, click the "Edit" button for "My template", change "Feature: Country" and "Feature: Theme" to "Yes" and then click the "Save" button.

You should then see the countries and themes appear in the Layered Navigation block on the category pages. Hopefully, that will be an acceptable way to filter books by country and theme.