Can't get rid of the free shipping in cart

I have put all the countries and shipping charges for all the countries for both first class mail and priority mail.

No matter what i do, when checking out in the cart it shows Free Shipping!

What am I doing wrong?  I'm sure this is something simple that I am missing. 

Thank you

This is as simple as editing the Front office translations and Installed module translations.

Look to localization, Translations, Front office translations, select your language and click modify scroll though to shopping-cart and edit the translation for Free Shipping! I use $0.00 be sure and click save now go to Installed module translations, select your language, click modify, scroll through to cart-block and change it there also.

Thank you.. I just checked and in the shipping carriers tab all Icons for free shipping have a red X.. Any other suggestions?  That is one of the maybe last things I have to do before I can start putting the products on.

Thank you!

Did you not read my post???

Thank you!  I think I'm getting closer.. I did a test checkout to see what would happen and it did show the shipping options and the amounts.  The thing where I'm confused is up on the top right when you highlight on the cart icon, it shows the product and underneath it says Free Shipping..this is just when moving around in the website and adding things to the cart before checking out.  That would be misleading. So that is what i need to get rid of.  Also, it says in the shipping that there is a carrier tax added.. I do not want a carrier tax included.. How can i rid of that?

Thanks!  You have been very helpful..

If you still have Free shipping showing you have not edited all the translations, the one for the Cart block is in Installed module translations.

In Shipping, Carriers edit the carriers, there is an option under Shipping location and cost to apply tax, change it to NO TAX.

post-310220-0-78689600-1426125349_thumb.jpg

Okay, thank you! 

Got the weight figured out and the shipping seems to be doing ok with test orders, however right next to the shipping options, it shows the price and in parentheses next to it (inc Tax).. When I go into my catalog for products under shipping and enter the info, it says a carrier tax will be added..It does not give me an option that I can find that will take that out.  We do not have a Carrier tax here in the U.S. that I am aware of.. I don't want to scare my customers away because of this showing.  Is there a way to remove it.. I do have everything set to No Tax.

On purchases made in our home state, it also then charges the sales tax which it is supposed to do.

I posted an image from the shipping part of the checkout page if this helps.

thank you!

Choose your delivery method

Choose a shipping option for this address: My address
29.jpg
First-Class Mail (2-3 days)
First-Class Mail (2-3 days)
The best price and speed
$2.50 (tax incl.)

32.jpg
Priority Mail (1-3 days)
Priority Mail (1-3 days)
$5.85 (tax incl.)

I just checked my PrestaShop v1.6.0.14 test site and for me, the "Shipping" line is hidden from the cart block until a carrier is selected. I'm not sure why yours is showing "Free shipping!". Perhaps you're using an older version of PrestaShop or a third-party theme.

Regarding the carrier tax issue, you can try going to Localization > Countries > United States > Edit and then changing 'Display tax label (e.g. "Tax incl.")' to "No" and then clicking "Save".

If that doesn't work, you can manually edit order-carrier.tpl in your theme's directory and then change lines 107-109 from:

{convertPrice price=$option.total_price_without_tax}{if $display_tax_label} {l s='(tax excl.)'}{/if}
                                                                {else}
                                                                    {convertPrice price=$option.total_price_with_tax}{if $display_tax_label} {l s='(tax incl.)'}{/if}

to:

{convertPrice price=$option.total_price_without_tax}{*{if $display_tax_label} {l s='(tax excl.)'}{/if}*}
                                                                {else}
                                                                    {convertPrice price=$option.total_price_with_tax}{*{if $display_tax_label} {l s='(tax incl.)'}{/if}*}