Multistore question

Hello,

I have been experimenting with a multistore setup on localhost. My goal was to setup 3 shops with a single back office.

I managed to create 3 shops like this:

- localhost/test/shop1

- localhost/test/shop2

- localhost/test/shop3

I set all the multistore options to yes, meaning sharing customers and orders and the other options.

When I add a product from shop 1 to the shopping cart, the product is also in my shopping cart in shop 2 and 3.

When I register as a customer, I'm registered to all 3 shops and I only have to login once.

The test has been successful.

Now I want to achieve the same while testing in a hosted environment, so:

- www.shop1.com

- www.shop2.com

- www.shop3.com

The problem that occurs is that I have to login 3 times as a customer. Is this as expected or am I missing something while moving the setup from localhost to server? I suspect it's a cookie setting. But is there no other way?

I would really like to have a customer sign in once and being able to order products in all 3 shops before checking out.

Thanks.

check this post for a 'little' hack that might make your dreams comes true!

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/379141-solved-multishop-share-cookiesession/?do=findComment&comment=1925222

actually this may not work for you but you can play with.

PrestaShop has no control over cookies by domain, this is done at server level, on your localhost  where you are  using domain/something, you could get it to work...but there are some other issues that may be 'very'  difficult to resolve  as cookies are by domain.

Please let us now if you make progress, you request is not unreasonable. :)

The link you have shared has the setup of localhost. It already works on localhost as intended. What I would need is using 3 different domains and not a single domain. So I understand you say this would not be possible because of the cookies per domain?

use tool depdening on browser  (chrome ctl+shift+j), then select resources, change domains etc.

cookies are stored by at domain level, hence if we change domain via multi-shop, then it uses another cookie.

this informational only, and just advice on how I understand, there may be solution unknown to me.

use tool depdening on browser  (chrome ctl+shift+j), then select resources, change domains etc.

cookies are stored by at domain level, hence if we change domain via multi-shop, then it uses another cookie.

this informational only, and just advice on how I understand, there may be solution unknown to me.

Do you know whether this article could be any help in solving this?

https://subinsb.com/set-same-cookie-on-different-domains

If so, do you have more insights in how to embed this approach in Prestashop?