Is it possible find an exact translation place by help of firebug or other developer options ?

berkis

Hello I am wondering maybe there is a way to make translations easier. The main problem is finding the right spot where exactly translation has to be done. Sometimes there can be just one word missing at it takes lots of time just to find where exactly you have to translate...I thought maybe firebug or other development tools in browsers might help to find where to look for exactly in translation module? Maybe someone knows a good way how to make translations fast (spotting a word in the front and locate it quickly in backoffice ?)

Thank you

I suggest that you go to the Localization > Translations tab and then go through each of the translations options "Front-office translations", "Installed modules translations", etc. Look for any page with "Total missing expressions" greater than 0. If there are missing translations, you can use the "Find on page..." option in your browser to search for the word "missing". You should eventually find a red box saying something like "1 MISSING". You then know that there's a missing translation in this section and you can scroll down until you find an empty red field. Enter translations and then click the Save button. That's the quickest way I can think of to find missing translations.

Unfortunately, that won't help if you already have an "English" translation entered into "French", for example, since it won't appear as missing. If you find such a translation on your website, I suggest that you check the URL of the page. For example, if the URL is /en/prices-drop, then you know the bad translation must be in Localization > Translations > Front-office translations > prices-drop. That won't work for the product or category pages though, but in that case, you can search through all the sections that start with "product" and "category" in the Front Office translations. This should work if the translation is in the center column, unless it's part of a category or product description or CMS content. In that case, you'll need to edit that content in the Back Office.

If the translation is in the header, footer or columns, it's probably part of a module. You'll need to determine which module it is and then search for the module name in the "Installed modules translations", then you should find the translations there. Error messages can be translated in the "Error message translations" and the field names inside the error messages can be translated in the "Field name translations".

I hope this helps. If anyone has a faster way, let us know.

Thank you. When there are thousands missing translations, then there is a problem... It takes a lot of time to find just the right one. I simply use browsers search option, and expand all translations in the backoffice, its easier than to look one by one, but anyway it takes too much time :)