Multi Tenant - Multistore

Hi 

I would be looking to deploy multiple web stores off a single Prestashop code base. So this would be a store front and admin area that users can add and manage their products including customising their theme and logo. 

Does the Prestashop multistore feature provision web shops in this way or do all the shop fronts point to one admin area that sees all stores products, customers etc?  

Further questions would be:

1.)What would be the maximum number of web stores to safely run off this configuration?

2.)Does each store created share a single DB or does it provision multiple DB instances for each store created?

3.)How would creating web stores in various languages work with this configuration or would it have to be one language across all stores and a separate instance provisioned to cater for another language?

4.) Can additional web stores only be provisioned on sub domains i.e. demo2.mydomain.com , demo3.mydomain.com or can an entirely new domain also be linked i.e. demo2.com in conjunction with sub domain demo1.mydomain.com

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

hi,

You've posted a question which is exactly same of what i'm looking at. Have you got answer on this?

if yes can you help me on this?

Thanks

Narayan Muchhal

Hi 

Unfortunately not, I don't think PrestaShop has these capabilities. 

If you do find a solution to this on any platform please let me know as I have been unsuccessful. 

I would be looking to deploy multiple web stores off a single Prestashop code base. So this would be a store front and admin area that users can add and manage their products including customising their theme and logo. 

Does the Prestashop multistore feature provision web shops in this way or do all the shop fronts point to one admin area that sees all stores products, customers etc?  

Yes, this is what Multi-store is all about

1.)What would be the maximum number of web stores to safely run off this configuration?

This is something you would need to test and discover, it highly depends on your servers configuration and resources

2.)Does each store created share a single DB or does it provision multiple DB instances for each store created?

There is only a single database shared

3.)How would creating web stores in various languages work with this configuration or would it have to be one language across all stores and a separate instance provisioned to cater for another language?

You can configure languages independent for each store

4.) Can additional web stores only be provisioned on sub domains i.e. demo2.mydomain.com , demo3.mydomain.com or can an entirely new domain also be linked i.e. demo2.com in conjunction with sub domain demo1.mydomain.com

Both can occur, but how you accomplish this will depend on your hosting provider

• Like 1

I did not see that the multi store provided completely separate Admin areas and associated store fronts. Is there a demo you know of online where one could play around with this i.e. how does one provision and manage the various stores created.

Your feedback has been most helpful.