Back Office gone Wonky

Amy535

Question

I was editing product attributes. Everything was working fine. I had edited several attributes without any problems. Then suddenly I had a problem. I was only changing the text value of the attribute. After I clicked save, I got a page not available. I am not able to add, modify or delete any product attributes now. It sends me to the webpage not available.

It has also caused the back office to slow and stall. I am also now not able to log in directly to my backoffice from https as I normally do. I get to the log in screen but when I click log in, it just sticks. I am able to get around that by going to my backoffice through www.mysite.com/backoffice without https.

Something is wonky. How do I fix and did I somehow cause this to happen while editing an attribute?

UPDATE: Yikes! Also can not add or change any products.

post-931900-0-03332400-1425858148_thumb.png

post-931900-0-97430600-1425858465_thumb.png

Edited by Amy535 (see edit history)

5 answers to this question

No I didn't install a SSL. I assumed the back office was on a shared sll because it has been that way since I signed up my shop (and before I had this particular problem). From the first time I set up up my shop it has taken me to a signin page under SSL. PrestaShop → My Store → Manage My Store → Back Office Sign In Page. The url that I am directed to is https://mystore.com/backoffice

There is an SSL option for what I assume is the front office in Preferences → General → Enable SSL see screen shot attached.

Either way, I hadn't changed any of those settings during the time of my current problem. I was only editing product attributes for products. I had edited about 15 or so without any issue and then I edited another in the same way and ...wonky begins.

I thought cache was deleted automatically with the settings under Advanced Parameters → Performance and enabling Clear Cache → Clear cache every time something has been modified. See attached screenshot.

I did go ahead and clear it but it did not fix my problem.

I had changed no settings at the time this problem arose. I was only editing products as I am setting up a new store.

post-931900-0-72770800-1425933418_thumb.png

post-931900-0-86390800-1425933799_thumb.png

Cause it is the default setting and SSL is not supported on Prestashop Cloud. I've installed a PS Cloud Shop only for test purposes and by verifying the setting you named, mine is set to NO.

I have doubts that you are not having issues with SSL on front-office. PS Cloud does not support SSL. Perhaps you are viewing some cached sites on which SSL was still added before. The URL of you shop is ?

--------------

EDIT: BTW I activated SSL like your setting. The site IS NOT HTTPS, so if you activate SSL there it will take no effect, cause no SSL-certificate is working there. Only the back.office is secure, but this is a complete another method. Please deactivate SSL, clear the cache of your browser and all will gone right as it should. Prestashop Cloud definitely don't support own SSL certificates for front-office. Not yet, as you can read on the topic I'd linked before.

Edited by selectshop.at (see edit history)