Skip/Remove Payment Issue - Can't find solution in forum

I have searched the forum and tried to come up with a solution for this. The closest I got was this post, but it still doesn't work, i can't figure out how to customize it to skip from order-carrier to order-confirmation.

All of our orders have to be confirmed internally, verifying that the customer has ordered the correct parts, that we do in fact still have them in stock and whether they have any applicable taxes/discounts. We do not want to do this through prestashop.

Therefore, the payment step itself is not necessary, especially since it adds two additional steps that are pointless in our usage. Currently I have it set up for cash on delivery and have changed the verbiage to charge to account. However, I'd like to just automatically skip from the carrier screen, which is needed to the confirmation screen, bypassing the payment screens all together.

Any ideas on the correct process? I've tried the ship2pay module and several other edits, but none seem to actually get rid of the payment screens.