[Solved] Upgrading Form 1.6.0.13 To 1.6.0.14 :-(

Hi all,

I like the shop back in order, the next upgrade.

I upgraded from 1.6.0.13 to 1.6.0.14 now

I will get the same problem as the previous upgrade. My website is white again. So a very white screen.

I put t debug and see the following message:

Fatal error: Uncaught --> Smarty: Unable to load template file '/home/id787913/domains/powerballkracht.nl/public_html/themes/default/header.tpl' <-- thrown in /home/id787913/domains/powerballkracht.nl/public_html/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php on line 129

When the configuration information at the bottom of the page:

missing files(2)

.gitignore

.gitmodules

changed files(2)

CONTRIBUTORS.md

config/defines.inc.php

Who can help me?

Thanks for help before

Frits van Leeuwen

Hi all,

I like the shop back in order, the next upgrade.

I upgraded from 1.6.0.13 to 1.6.0.14 now

I will get the same problem as the previous upgrade. My website is white again. So a very white screen.

I put t debug and see the following message:

Fatal error: Uncaught --> Smarty: Unable to load template file '/home/id787913/domains/powerballkracht.nl/public_html/themes/default/header.tpl' <-- thrown in /home/id787913/domains/powerballkracht.nl/public_html/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php on line 129

When the configuration information at the bottom of the page:

missing files(2)

.gitignore

.gitmodules

changed files(2)

CONTRIBUTORS.md

config/defines.inc.php

Who can help me?

Thanks for help before

Frits van Leeuwen

Edited by Frits van Leeuwen (see edit history)

from the upgrade to .13 to .14 there are only 3 files you need, as far as I can tell, and no db changes. Just replace

• /classes/Validate.php
  • /classes/module/Module.php
  • /controllers/admin/AdminModulesController.php

and you are done.  Edit settings.inc.php to reflect that you are now on 1.6.0.14. Whoever packed up .14 Included a bunch of developer stuff, which is probably whats screwing things up..

Edited by SLiCK_303 (see edit history)
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same white page problem.

So what is the point of this update if it causes theese problems?

Why it is called stable release?

Having a white page does not mean you have the same problem.  You need to enable debug mode and determine what the actual error is.  search the forums for how to enable debug mode, and then open a separate post for your issue

• 3 weeks later...

There are several things involved with an upgrade that can cause a completely white screen. The most common, in my experience, is that the theme simply needs to be re-enabled. Back Office > Preferences > Themes > Your Current Theme > enable it.

Assuming that one of the multitude of other possible issues is not the problem (.htaccess, php.ini, DB configuration table values, settings.inc.php, etc. etc.) then simply re-enabling theme may fix the white-screen problem. Even if the theme shows as enabled, re-enable it anyway if the command is present.

• 2 months later...