Fatal error module nostotagging

cswindell

After updating some of the default modules with the "update" button today, the module page does not load - following error is displayed:

[PrestaShop] Fatal error in module file :/home/notsquar/public_html/modules/nostotagging/nostotagging.php:
require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/notsquar/public_html/modules/nostotagging/libs/nosto/php-sdk/src/config.inc.php' (include_path='/home/notsquar/public_html/tools/htmlpurifier/standalone:.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php'

Has anyone got any ideas how I should go about fixing this?

The issue you're having is due to an invalid package that was published to PrestaShop Addons.

Unfortunately the issue cannot be resolved using the backoffice. To resolve the issue please delete the directory called "nostotagging" under the "modules" directory in your Prestashop installation directory.

HOW TO FIX:

1. Use your FTP client e.g. FileZilla, to removing the directory called "nostotagging" under the "modules" directory.
  2. If you are unable to remove the directory using your FTP client, please use SSH to your server, navigate to your Prestashop installation directory (using the command "cd") and then and run a command that removes the directory which can be either:
rm -rf modules/nostotagging/

or in the event that you don't have enough permissions:

sudo rm -rf modules/nostotagging/

We apologize for any inconvenience and possible downtime. For further details and instructions please be in touch by email to [email protected]

Thank-you for the reply, I did manage to get it working by re-naming nostotagging.php to nostotagging.bak. I find re-naming a file is always a safe option as it can always be changed back if needed again!  I will remove the complete directory now as recommended.

• 2 months later...

Hello.

We are trying the module and have the same problems: when we try to access the manufacturers page we see a blank page with this error:

Catchable fatal error: Argument 1 passed to NostoTaggingBrand::loadData() must be an instance of Manufacturer, null given, called in /modules/nostotagging/nostotagging.php on line 1255 and defined in /modules/nostotagging/classes/models/brand.php on line 49

What should we do to have it working? If we change the name of "nostotagging.php" the module doesn't work anymore and of course the bug is fixed.

2nd question: in the search page the module is positioned obove the search results but we'd like to move it below. How can we do it? Thank you.