Error message when trying to edit or add product

jolson

Question

I'm trying out the demo shop that comes with a new account. Whenever I click on "Save" after having edited a product, or after having entered details for a new product, Firefox gives me the following error:

Secure Connection Failed

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

• The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
  • Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

In Chromium, saving edits works and does not give this error. However, the changes have no effect on the actual shop, but that is perhaps a different problem.

• Like 1

11 answers to this question

Have the same problem, when trying to change picture in Modules -> Theme configurator

Browser: Firefox

Prestachop: Cloud

Secure Connection Failed

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
    Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

My FF version is 36.0.1. No issues with my shop and FF. Sometimes cleaning cache is the solution for several problems. (F5)

-------

EDIT: I logged out from back-office and now I'm having the same problem with non secure authentication when I try to edit or add a product. Unfortunately there is no possibility to activate debugging... but as I can see on network tracking response status POST is "aborted". Some lines before I have a getinspectletws.herokuap.com - websocket upgrade with status response: 101 switching protocols.

post-741527-0-02190100-1426100568_thumb.jpg

Edited by selectshop.at (see edit history)

I'm trying out the demo shop that comes with a new account. Whenever I click on "Save" after having edited a product, or after having entered details for a new product, Firefox gives me the following error:

In Chromium, saving edits works and does not give this error. However, the changes have no effect on the actual shop, but that is perhaps a different problem.

Prestashop cloud seems to use a 1024-bit certificate, which FireFox considers cryptographically unsafe from release 36 on.

As a workaround just do not start the BO with an https address. That does the trick.  :)

For more information see here: http://www.pcworld.com/article/2877672/the-end-for-1024bit-ssl-certificates-is-near-mozilla-kills-a-few-more.html

Edited by Martijn++ (see edit history)

The problem is exactly this. When you take a look into the tracking list I made, there is a module/addon, which switches the protocols before. So, by entering to your back-office you have a SSL/HTTPS connection. This is cancelled on the way, and when you are adding/editing something PS requests again the https-protocol which was cancelled lines before. It is a bug of the latest integrations PS made on Cloud.

Edited by selectshop.at (see edit history)

That's it. As Firefox and Cisco are fighting to know who is responsible for this and won't change it, we are working with OVH, our hosting partner company, to fix it. We hope it will be ok this evening.

It seems to work now, thank you. I was a bit concerned there.

Well, actually, I don't get an error, but the changes I make don't show up in front office. Is there something extra I have to click on to make that happen?