Can you have a custom email for each product?

Hi,

We're probably switching from Miva to PrestaShop and trying to make sure it fits our needs.

Can each product have a seperate email that's sent for it?

We sell downloadable software and each product has very different installation requirements and instructions. So, what should happen, is when someone orders Product 1 they get an email specifically for that and, likewise, Product 2 would generate a completely different email.

Thanks!

Jim

Hi Jim, this is not possible out of the box.  Prestashop does not send emails to customers for each product they order.  Prestashop sends 2 emails in the virtual scenarios.

let's assume the customer purchases 1 virtual product

1) The customer receives an order confirmation email with a summary of products and pricing

2) The customer receives 1 email containing the download link for the single product

now let's assume the customer purchases 2 different virtual products

1) The customer receives an order confirmation email with a summary of products and pricing

2) The customer receives 1 email containing the download link links for both products

Now a couple of thoughts for what you want

1) It seems you could alter the download link email, so that the email would contain a link to CMS page (or any page really).  This CMS page would contain the instructions they require

2) You could alter the Prestashop code base, so that instead of sending a single email for all products ordered, it would send multiple emails.  The content of each email would contain instructions specific to that product.  Alternatively, it could contain a link to instructions specific to that product

I'm sure there are other options to consider, but at least this should give you an idea of what Prestashop supports, and that you likely need to change its default behavior to suit your needs

Ok, thanks for the answer. It's too bad digital products aren't supported better. You can't send serial numbers without a module and not being able to send info per product is a problem. Although I guess linking to a page is not such a bad option. It'll be formatted better at least.

What's up with the forum telling me I can only make one more post until it's approved? Kind of hard to make a decision on this if I can't ask questions about PS.

cheers,

Jim

• 1 month later...

How do you set a link to be included with a virtual product? I can attach a file but there doesn't seem to be a way to add a URL/text that will be included in the virtual product email.

I'd rather the link to the download/support page was included in the email instead of an attachment (which is easily overlooked).

Thanks,

Jim