White screen when saving a new product

ldfps1

Question

Hello,

I'm beginning with Prestashop Cloud. I just added some text on CMS pages, imported 70 products, changed some images and installed some modules which were suggested in modules section by default.

The issue is that I tried to add some new products, one by one not importing, and when I push saved button I get a WHITE SCREEN.

I searched on the forum and it could be an error from a module.

I would like to activate the errors reports to know what happen, but in Prestashop Cloud there is no access int the /config/defines.inc.php file.

Am I right?

Anyway, I think trying to deactivate the modules one by one I could figure out which module is the guilty of the white screen. But the issue is that I only installed the modules which were suggested in modules section by default.

Is that normal?

Any advice?

Thanks.

Edited by ldfps1 (see edit history)

9 answers to this question

I also get the WHITE SCREEN when I delete a product ( I need to delete some products because my store sometimes duplicates the product, I think this behavior is related).

I don't get the WHITE SCREEN when I update some information to the product and I save it.

Hello Vincent,

About the modules I installed, I can't say each and every one of them by memory. I can't find the log section which records the modules I installed / disabled, so I should open a new prestashop cloud and compare it with my installed modules.

(there is a log section, in advanced parameters of Prestashop, but it does not record the installed modules actions. If anybody know where is it, please tell me).

--

About the WHITE SCREEN, this happen in the backoffice when I add a new product manually (the same as Saca experimented).

I think we could receive a record of the exact error if we could enable the error reporting in our shop. The issue is that we cannot do this in the cloud environment because we can't access to the config folder. This is terrible helpful.

Here is a good tutorial of doing that:

http://www.inmotionhosting.com/support/prestashop-16/enable-error-reporting

And here an example of error reporting in Prestashop:

*Before:

before.png

*After:

after.png

Any advice about it?

Thanks,

PS:
Sorry about reply you now, but the forum doesn't allow me to post more than 2 messages per day because "You can make 2 more posts today. This restriction will be until you have 1 more approved posts".

post-944021-0-99625400-1425128732_thumb.png

Edited by ldfps1 (see edit history)

Hello,

I have been able to solve this issue. After disabling several modules one by one, I realised that the "eBay v1.9.2 - by Prestashop" module was the guilty of this bug. Disabling it there is no white screen after adding a new product, and if I enabled it I get the white screen again.

Any advice, Vincent?

--

In other hand, I am extremely interested in knowing if the error reporting I talked before could be enabled by us, the Prestashop Cloud users. This will help us to save a lot of time finding the cause of some errors.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Hello,

I have been able to solve this issue. After disabling several modules one by one, I realised that the "eBay v1.9.2 - by Prestashop" module was the guilty of this bug. Disabling it there is no white screen after adding a new product, and if I enabled it I get the white screen again.

Any advice, Vincent?

--

In other hand, I am extremely interested in knowing if the error reporting I talked before could be enabled by us, the Prestashop Cloud users. This will help us to save a lot of time finding the cause of some errors.

Thanks.

Thank you very much, my friend! You have fixed my issue as well... and I spent a lot of time. Thx!!!!!

What I don't like is, that support team should be aware about the issue and the only offer support plan hours, which highly expensive. 

Much appreciate your engagement and keep this way to help the community!

You're made my day ;-)