PHP error after password reset

Hi there,

One of our clients is using Prestashop version 1.5 and we've been seeing a strange PHP error message after clicking on the verification link in the 'Password Reset' email. It says: 

"Notice: Undefined index: email in /var/www/html/cache/smarty/compile/4e/06/fc/4e06fc94b46a62394c4907eaeb1442eb841e3394.file.password.tpl.php on line 50". 

I've tried clearing the smarty cache both via the admin panel as well as manually but the error persists.

Does anyone have any pointers?

Thank you!

Edited by WebMarketingROI (see edit history)

Thanks bellini13. Right, you are.

I had a look at `config/defines.inc.php` and found:

define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', true);

We've changed this over to:

define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', false);

And tested it again - it works perfectly (It did work before, just displayed an error) with no error message.

However, after clicking the password reset token link, it displays the following:

Your password has been successfully reset and a confirmation has been sent to your e-mail address:

Interestingly, line 50 in /cache/smarty/compile/4e/06/fc/4e06fc94b46a62394c4907eaeb1442eb841e3394.file.password.tpl.php has the following code:

<?php echo stripslashes(smarty_modifier_escape($_POST['email'], 'htmlall', 'UTF-8'));?>
From a PHP perspective, how can this page print out the e-mail from $_POST['email'] if they've gotten to this page by visiting http://domain.com.au/password-recovery?token=PasswordResetToken? As far as I can see, there's nothing sent via $_POST whatsoever, so this seems to be flawed. We didn't write this code ourselves (it may have been from some of the inherited code from previous developers) - is it part of the PrestaShop core?
Edited by WebMarketingROI (see edit history)