CMS issues - not saving/unable to edit/unable to turn on after turn off

Ok, so I've been posting inside other similar topics, but response time is pretty slow (last posts were days/weeks ago), so I need to begin with everything that started happening today.

1. I tried to edit the CMS pages, but it wouldn't save the changes on the website, even though operation was succesful (said prestashop, and the DB table ps_cms_lang).

2. I tried the syntax for indexation: ALTER TABLE `ps_cms_lang` ADD `indexation` TINYINT(1) UNSIGNED DEFAULT "1" - still no results.

3. I tried that syntax inside table "ps_cms" too, but still no dice.

4. I tried to make a new CMS page, and it worked, but after creating it, I can't seem to be able to edit it, exactly like I couldn't edit the other ones. (It says operation succesful, but no changes inside the website).

5. I followed the tutorial for "dev_mode = true" to see if I receive any error messages from SQL or anything else while editing the CMS pages, but no error spawned, and all operations were succesful, as prestashop pointed out.

6. I tried setting one page off, and on again, but it got stuck on off (won't go back to being active) even if prestashop says operation was succesful while turning it back on.

7. The program was working great up until now and the only thing that got modified were some CSS files. Haven't installed a module or app in about 2-3 weeks, and in that time I had a lot of text editing going on inside the CMS pages.

Now I have one page missing from sitemap and all of these steps that drove me crazy for the entire day because none  of them seemed to make a difference.

Can someone, please help me?

Edited by Alex Nitu (see edit history)

I disabled both.  Clicked the clear Cache button.  Then cleared out the empty cache folders through FTP.  It's weird though.  I found that I'm able to edit other CMS files but not this one in particular.  I'm not getting any errors and it says saved.

I see. What version of PS do you use and is it an updated of an earlier version that might've changed your DB in any way? I'm asking this because there is a topic regarding idexation issues with the CMS pages and you could try to see if that's the problem. Also, what's your default language and did you check inside phpmyadmin if the information inside DB is correct but still not showing on website? Also try to check the ID of the CMS page and compare to the one you see in site URL, and see if ID_lang inside site URL is the same with the settings inside that CMS page.

We had PS 1.6.0.9.  I tried running an update to 1.6.0.11 but it caused too many bugs.  So I started with a fresh install of 1.6.0.11 and migrated the content over through the database.  So I exported just the applicable product tables, categories, cms, customer etc.  We just have English set as the language but some of the CMS pages have a id_lang of 2 and 3.  I the developer before me at one point installed the extra languages but then deleted them.  The page I'm having issues has only id_lang 1.  It's from the previous install.  I edited a page that has multiple id_lang and was successful.  I edited another page that only had id_lang 1 and was able to successfully edit the page.  I created a new page that only had id_lang 1 and it was successful. 

The id of the page match in the BO, FO and in the DB.

The cms_lang row for the page was not updated with the save or with the save and preview.  There's only one row for this page.  I changed the row directly through the MySQL and the page showed the update.

That was going to be my recommendation, to try and see what happens when you change description inside cms_lang table. For me it didn't work because of the cache problem and I don't know if it's a bug or simply a suggestion to stop using cache in any operation. I hope that the PS team will take a look at these issues for next updates. I'm using 1.6.0.11 and I'm thinking about update, but I don't know if it's worth it for now.

I know what cache is, but not sure about those 2 inside PS BO. If anyone can point me to a thorough documentation about the 2 types of cache, smarty and the one in the bottom of the page, I'd be very thankful because I still don't know what's the difference between them and what are they supouse to help me/users with.