How can i add drop down sub categories? (Solved)

timmac14

Question

Hello..i recently signed up to prestashop cloud. And im in the process of building the store, on the theme demo theme that purchased when i placed my cursor over one of the main categories in the Horizontal top menu a drop down sub catergory appeared.

However i cant seem to get it to work, if you visit my store http://equus-jewellery.pswebshop.com/en/

you will see, when you place your cursor over bangles & bracelets a drop down menu appears, but i cant get it to work for any of the other categories??

I have added a screen shot...hope it helps

Regards

Timpost-763096-0-05344200-1424825238_thumb.jpg

Edited by timmac14 (see edit history)

2 answers to this question

Hi Tim,

We took a look at your backoffice and saw that you were not using the correct item for the Top Horizontal menu. 

You should be selecting the product category and not the CMS page.  See the screen capture included.

FYI - When you select a major category, if that category has sub-categories, the sub-categories will automatically appear in the menu.

Hope this helps.  Happy selling.

PrestaShop Team

post-860570-0-80013300-1424850501_thumb.png

Hello Im still not sure what you mean.? 

I went to the category section, Made a new Category (earrings)...then added a sub category (silver earrings)

However when im on the homepage & move my cursor over the word earring in the top horizontal menu nothing happens, no drop down menu shows?

Thanks