PayPal - No Order in BO - Order History Fix.

tdr170

Here is a modified PayPal 3.10.10 that works for 1.5/1.6 where your having issues with orders not showing in BO and being redirected to Order history instead of Order confirmation after payment.

This is the Euro version but it does work and has been tested, I changed the PayPal payment logo on checkout page to US version.

I have removed the previous version 3.5.4 as this one does not have the CSS issues.

I have removed the 3.6.8 version and updated to the latest 3.10.1 version.

I have removed the 3.10.1 version and updated to the latest 3.10.10 version.

Just download zip file and install as you would any other module.

You will most likely get a message about installing a module that is not compatible with your country disregard as I have modified for USA. Tested and working!

(3 click checkout)

TIP: if you enable 3 click checkout after clicking continue on PayPal you will be returned to the shop to confirm your order.

If not enabled you will be returned to the standard order confirmation page without the extra confirm.

Some may actually like this some may not test both.

paypal-3.10.10-US.zip

Edited by tdr170 (see edit history)
  • Like 5

Update installed a 1.6.0.13 test site today and all orders confirmed there is an issue with the demo products price being 6 decimal places but that can be fixed just by editing the product price and changing the price.

Next I will try an upgrade and see if that works OK.

• 2 weeks later...

Did not work for me. I am really struggling now. See to have tried everything. It is jsut so strange that this suddenly stopped working again last week. PayPal say that they cannot get to the return IPN address, but the files is there and accessible as far as I know

I am going mad!

I have even rolled back the files to before the time it stopped working, and tried your module. Nothing seems to kick it back in. And this is across three different sites

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Did not work for me. I am really struggling now. See to have tried everything. It is jsut so strange that this suddenly stopped working again last week. PayPal say that they cannot get to the return IPN address, but the files is there and accessible as far as I know

I am going mad!

I have even rolled back the files to before the time it stopped working, and tried your module. Nothing seems to kick it back in. And this is across three different sites

Let lets go over a few things basically mistakes that people make.

Is the site in maintenance mode if so the site must be live for PayPal to work.

Did you set up an IPN in your PayPal account as this is not needed and will cause PayPal to fail confirmation hook.

Have you checked your access logs to see if your site is receiving the IPN from PayPal. (usually stats folder in the root of your domain)

I can have a look at this for you, I would need log in to BO, will not need PayPal as I will use my sandbox testing credentials.

Strange this did not work as I have used on several testing accounts and works everytime.

Hi

We have three sites, all live all with the same issues. I have checked with PayPal who advised switching IPN on to try to kick start the process Basically from there side they can see that the IPN from the module was failing. After so many fails, they disable the system. So they told me to enable to see if it would kick start it back to life. It has not

I did do some module updates the day before this problem (standard module updates from the back office), and i did update all three sites then,  but I have rolled back to prior to then. Still no luck. PayPal say the return URL is not being reached. But it has been reached for months. Hosts say they have not made any changes that should affect this

I have checked sites stats and error reports and there is nothing that I can see - but not expert at reading those. But I would suggest I would not see anything there if PayPal is not reaching the URL

You can see I have covered a lot - so if you would not mind having a look I will PM some details

OK after some testing on haylau site the module worked fine for me however this is with PayPal Standard he is using PayPal website payment and that is where his issue lies.

If using PayPal standard this module works fine and is what we are currently using on our site, all our orders come through and show in our back office.

Here is our site.

http://team-shepherdusa.com/

Thanks for putting this version of the module online:

I'm using 1.5.3 and don't have the CSS issues you mentioned, layout is perfect.  I'm trying to use this on a US store but have exactly the same setup working fine for a European site using the European module so I know the site is ok.

Just a couple of things I wanted to say:

• Once you get to PayPal, there's no option to pay by card, only with a PayPal account -maybe that's a setting in PayPal, I don't know.
  • The other problem, unfortunately it doesn't work for me.  After entering PayPal details it hangs.  If you refresh the page I get a pink Prestashop page about the errors.

If I use the USA & Canada PayPal module I don't get the error message and it doesn't hang, but then I get the problem you describe with no order details appearing in the back office.  If you have any suggestions how I can make this module work in my setup, that would be very much appreciated.

In my sites 2 of them I am using the module posted here both are 1.6, the pay by debit or credit card is below the right sign in area.

I will install and test a 1.5 site as soon as I can, we have a big race starting this weeken going all the way through next Saturday.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure whether I needed to manually enable IPN for PayPal USA but I've set mine to:  http://www.-------------.com/module/paypalusa/validation.php  although I don't think this is making any difference.  As I understand, the module tells PayPal where to post back (I may be wrong) but when viewing the IPN history in PayPal, there are error 500 codes although it does seem to be succeeding on second attempts, sometimes.

If it does succeed on a second attempt the customer gets an "order received" email but not an order summary or invoice.  No products appear in the back office, even if the IPN does succeed.

Due to the initial 500 codes, I thought I'd check file permissions.

I've got the PayPal module folder set to 755 and validation.php 644 which I think is correct (please correct me if I'm wrong).

I've spoken to the host to see if they can help -they effectively said it's not their problem, that it's a PS problem...

Any ideas?

UPDATE:

I've tried creating an order manually from the cart and this also creates an error 500.  Just wondering if this helps identify the problem?

SECOND UPDATE:

I've realised my problem isn't specific to PayPal so I've posted an update here:

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/435282-orders-not-validating-in-back-office/

Edited by Andrew H (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Here is an older version of PayPal that works for 1.5/1.6 where your having issues with orders not showing in BO and being redirected to Order history instead of Order confirmation after payment.

This is the Euro version but does work and has been tested, this module is also updated to TLS security for PayPal connect.

I have removed the previous version 3.5.4 as this one does not have the CSS issues.

Man, you are a lifesaver! I spent over 8-hours fighting the latest USA/Canada version without any success - downloaded 3.6.8, installed and bammm thankyou maaaam. Nice job guy!!!

attachicon.gifPayPal 3.6.8.zip

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Updated PayPal module to 3.10.1 along with some mods for US users.

1) Do we just overwrite the paypal module thats installed?

2) I notice that it does't have the mobile payment logos / folders added to it. Is there a reason why?

3) I am on presta version 1.6.1.1 and in the USA so is this going to cause an issue?

None of my orders are coming thru with the paypal US/Canada module.

Thank you!

Edited by Billy (see edit history)

I have installed this plugin to try and fix problems I was having with the USA & canada version of the paypal module.

When I goto the front end and try to check out with my cart, I get transfered to Paypal to log in... but after inserting my password and clicking login, the paypal page doesnt do anything at all.    

I cant get this module to do anything, if i choose the other in context options, then i just get a javascript (0) link and nothing happens when customers click to pay.

Hey, I'm no expert on the module but, if you are redirected to the PayPal login then the module has done its job. Once you reach the PP login screen you're dealing with PayPal - not the module. Sounds like PP isn't picking up the cart information as the logical next step would be to display what it received from the module. Make sure you can login to PP by itself. Again I am not the expert but it works fine for me. Also make sure you deleted any other PP modules from Prestashop before installing.

Sorry but I can not Duplicate the issue as the module works fine for me.

As KenST stated make sure you can log in to your PayPal account, make sure you uninstalled and deleted other PayPal modules before installing this one, This does not Include the USA PayPal module as that is installed in a different folder then the Euro version.

What version of Prestashop are you using, is it modified, are you using default theme.

Yeah I can log into paypal no problem.  When I re-installed the Paypal USA module, the system worked the way it used to.

I am using PS 1.6.1.1 and I am using a modified theme.   I too thought it was odd that the customer is forwarded to Paypal, but is unable to login to complete the transaction.   I am not sure why the cart information wouldnt transfer over.

I did uninstall, then delete the Paypal USA module.  However, i did not remove the files from my FTP server.   Should I have done that? There are no other payment modules installed.

I just tried this module on my test server with a fresh install and it seems to work great.  

Im not sure what could be causing this problem with my installation on my store.     I am about to clone my store on the test-server so I can work on debugging the issue.   I have got to stop using the Paypal USA module.    We are averaging 5 missing orders a week, this has to stop.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I haven't had any problems with missing orders, however I do get several orders that receive a "payment error" because the customers shipping address does not match the paypal address on file.

I noticed every one of our military customers who try to place an order to an APO are no longer able to.

Is there anyway to avoid this?

Any fix for this address mis-match error?

I had 7 orders this weekend that failed to process the payment.   These are big dollar orders, and I typically email the customer to smooth things over, and get them to make a paypal payment manually, then I push the order into processing. If we could avoid this problem, my customers orders would process and I could go back to doing other things instead of sending out a bunch of emails.

Thanks.

Can someone inform me on how I can edit the "error screen" the customer see's when paypal errors out?

The screen they see can be confusing,

post-833155-0-03787600-1445100832_thumb.png

I would like to edit this screen so that I can put specific contact information.  

We are missing several BIG DOLLAR orders and I want to recoup those losses.    Instructions for the customer to follow to resolve the error would help... instead of whatever error gets spit out on the screen.

Thanks

• 3 months later...

More and more orders are failing to process because of payment errors with paypal.

Most recently this error for some international customers:

PayPal response:TIMESTAMP -> 2016-02-05T22:41:59ZL_ERRORCODE0 -> 10723L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Shipping Address State EmptyL_LONGMESSAGE0 -> The field Shipping Address State is requiredL_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error

The Field Shipping Address State is Required but that field is not available for international addresses in prestashop.

Its odd cause orders from customers in brazil get this error but i have orders from customers in turkey and their address has no state, but the payment processed fine???

Any idea's how to avoid this?

Actually Brazil does have States do a google search, My guess is that at some point PayPal updated their Software to require States for Brazil now.

Well there is an easy fix for this go to localization, localization at the top of the page you will see Import localization pack use the drop down and select Brazil, uncheck everything except state.

Now go to Localization, Countries and find Brazil click on edit and change the Contains States to yes, now in the address area make a space belox Address 2, on the right side choose State, then click name this will add a State:name to the address field, now your customers can include the state when they register.

For those already registered hopefully they are not a lot go the address section of your BO and look for the addresses with Country, Brazil and copy the City, then do a simple Google search What state is Belo Horizonte in Brazil, you will get an answer of Minas Gerais, you can now use the drop down in the address edit to choose this State.

Is there any way to avoid payment error if there is an address mis-match?

We get a lot of payment errors with this:

PayPal response:TIMESTAMP -> 2016-02-12T20:55:36ZL_ERRORCODE0 -> 10736L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Shipping Address Invalid City State Postal CodeL_LONGMESSAGE0 -> A match of the Shipping Address City, State, and Postal Code failed.L_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error

We typically find that there is an extra space after the customers city, or the street name has Street instead of St.    

Is there a reason we have to validate addresses to accept payment? 

I wish I could help with this one but just not able to reproduce as all my orders come through and as of now I have not received this error form the module.

Does this happen with one particular country is there a pattern that you have noticed.

To reproduce the issue, your customer would have to register their prestashop address different than the address they have in PayPal.   Then after they submit the payment thru paypal they are forwarded back to our site with the following error message:  

PayPal response:TIMESTAMP -> 2016-02-19T17:28:54ZL_ERRORCODE0 -> 10736L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Shipping Address Invalid City State Postal CodeL_LONGMESSAGE0 -> A match of the Shipping Address City, State, and Postal Code failed.L_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error
Edited by subaru4wd (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a modified PayPal 3.10.1 that works for 1.5/1.6 where your having issues with orders not showing in BO and being redirected to Order history instead of Order confirmation after payment.

This is the Euro version but it does work and has been tested, I changed the PayPal payment logo on checkout page to US version.

I also changed the text size and color as well as the price color and text size on the order summary (3 click checkout, see below) and order confirmation page.

I have removed the 3.6.8 version and updated to the latest 3.10.1 version.

(3 click checkout)

TIP: if you enable 3 click checkout after clicking continue on PayPal you will be returned to the shop to confirm your order.

If not enabled you will be returned to the standard order confirmation page without the extra confirm.

Some may actually like this some may not test both.

attachicon.gifPayPal 3.10.1.zip

Thank you so much, you have saved my life,

I have small request, How can I get paypal email for paid by paypal orders ?

Well first you should gt an email from PayPal telling you of the new order if not check your settings at PayPal.

Second is do you have the Mail alerts module installed do you get an email from shop tellling you of the new order, this will also tell you the payment method.

HI All:

I may now have a solution to orders not confirming with PayPal USA, this issue seems to have been caused by taxes and possibly vouchers.

The fix is pretty simple go to   /modules/paypalusa/views/templates/hook and edit standard.tpl, need to change 2 lines.

At line 41 and 48 change as below

change this:

{assign var="paypal_usa_total_discounts" value=$cart->getOrderTotal(true, Cart::ONLY_DISCOUNTS)}

to this:

{assign var="paypal_usa_total_discounts" value=$cart->getOrderTotal(false, Cart::ONLY_DISCOUNTS)}

Now test some orders and see if they work, I tested and my orders now seem to be confirming both on a fresh install with demo products and on a new site I am working on with my own products that also include specific pricing, I also tested one with a voucher is also confirmed.

Please let me know your findings so I can report to prestashop that this pull request needs to be integrated to the module.

• 2 weeks later...

HI All:

I may now have a solution to orders not confirming with PayPal USA, this issue seems to have been caused by taxes and possibly vouchers.

The fix is pretty simple go to   /modules/paypalusa/views/templates/hook and edit standard.tpl, need to change 2 lines.

At line 41 and 48 change as below

change this:

{assign var="paypal_usa_total_discounts" value=$cart->getOrderTotal(true, Cart::ONLY_DISCOUNTS)}

to this:

{assign var="paypal_usa_total_discounts" value=$cart->getOrderTotal(false, Cart::ONLY_DISCOUNTS)}

I tried the fix to standard.tpl as shown above -  However, It didn't work.  Paypal (sandbox) shows the order as completed, but order never completes in Prestashop.

I'm running:

PayPal USA, Canada v1.3.9 - by PrestaShop  ( Standard Payments, in Test (Sandbox) mode )
PrestaShop version 1.6.1.3
PHP version 5.5.32

Any thoughts?

Also try another test this time turn off cache and turn force compile on then clear the cache from the BO.

It is possible that the edited .tpl file was still loaded from cache as my test were with the above settings.

If still does not work try an order without tax applied to the product and see if the order completes.

My test were also done with sandbox account.

Also try another test this time turn off cache and turn force compile on then clear the cache from the BO.

It is possible that the edited .tpl file was still loaded from cache as my test were with the above settings.

If still does not work try an order without tax applied to the product and see if the order completes.

I've been bit enough times by the cache in the past that I always turn off the cache, force recompile and clear every time I make a change.  :)

I did try it on an order without tax with no success either.    I'm still stuck!

Ok so your issue is something different and I am not sure without access to your BO, however you can install the Euro version that is posted in the first post of this forum post and that should fix your issue.

This is what I used for about 2 years without any issues.

• 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello, i have the same issue as discussed before:   guest checkouts are working with the OPC, payment is possible by Paypal standard,  order is created and payment is done,

but then >>>  customers are not redirected to the order confimation page,   instead of they are redirected to the order history page, but this is useless for guest checkouts as this site does not exists for guest checkouts....).

Can you please help me with more information from your EU module for Paypal, please?  I am in the EU and can not / will not use the US module of Paypal,  but regarding some changes in our shop  i have to use the US Paypal module  and have to change this for my own  to make the redirection to the confirmation page work.

Or is there any other solution for this probelm?  This would be great,

thank you