<Solved>i cant seem to add my domain name!

timmac14

Question

Hello Everyone.

I'm looking for some help. Im using prestashop cloud & I seem to have a problem trying to add my domain name.  I have followed the instructions that were listed, but it still wont work. I have added the domain name to my store, it then told me that i have to change the DNS info & create a ( A record)

I made the A record www.mydomain.com & typed in the ip address that was given to me in the instructions, however when i went to change the nameservers from the company that has my domain name, it wouldnt let me just type the ip address - it said not valid formatt, so im guessing i have to actually write the name ( example ds1-hosting.net)

But i cant seem to find the nameserver for prestashop cloud anywhere, only the ip address.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance

Edited by timmac14 (see edit history)

14 answers to this question

Hello,

You don't have to change the nameservers but just to edit the DNS zone.

You have to create a DNS A record for your domain name pointing to our IP Address and also a CNAME record for your domain name with the "www" pointing to your domain without the "www".

If you need more help, do not hesitate to contact the support team directly from your user account.

Best regards.

I did the same as above except my A Record points to the store IP address is: 192.99.143.140

instead of the DNS Address: 37.59.161.130

Both store.com  and  www.store.com work but the domain name in the settings still says "In Progress" 

so how can I make the domain the PRIMARY one for my store?

Hello....ok i did what you asked = - First line -> Host name : leave it blank - Record type : A - Address : 37.59.161.130

- Second line -> Host name : www - Record type : CNAME - Address : equusjewellery.com

However when i hit the save button, the page reloads & it changes the 2nd line to the 1st line & the 1st line to the 2nd line (please see attached screen shot)

Also the 37.59.161.130 is no longer visible in the box after i hit the save button......is this ok?

post-763096-0-09947900-1424899836_thumb.jpg

Hello.

Ok i spoke with my registar and they changed something on their side...however now the domain myshop.com works....but if i type www.myshop.com it just takes me to prestashop login page. I have made my additional domain my primary domain in the settings...what else can i do?

Thanks in advance

Tim