[SOLVED] Contact form works with gmail address, but not with yahoo address?

I'm testing out my Prestashop installation and when testing the contact form I found that it doesn't work properly (i.e. I don't receive any messages in my email client) if I enter a my yahoo email address in the form, but works fine when entering my gmail address. The settings in my back-office show that I am using the PHP mail() function for my email settings.

This obviously is a problem because I would not know if my customers are using yahoo or not.

What could be the problem and is there anything I can do about it?

I contacted my email hosting company and they gave the following suggestion:-

You would need to change the Email address in the field $from to any Email address on the domain name on which you are incorporating this script. For example, if your Domain Name is abc.com, then you would define the From Email address as [email protected]. This Email address need not be existing on the Mail Server of abc.com, however, the domain name in the $from field has to be yours. You may use an Email address such as [email protected].

The value in the $mailto field needs to be changed to the Email address, where email containing the data submitted through the form needs to be delivered.

So then, in the context of Prestashop's contact-form.php, how would I go about changing it?

• 3 weeks later...

This post is almost identical to:-
http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/43923/configuring___using_prestashop/solved_adjusting_contactform_dot_php_and_contactform_dot_tpl_to_specify_from_address

I found the answer to this now. Inside contact-form.php, there is a section which has two instances of $from (approx line 26). I changed these both to:- ‘[email protected]’. The contact form works like a charm now!