My SMTP data is ok but is rejected.

Hi everybody,

I'm currently configuring Prestashop 1.6.0.9 and have set the SMTP configuration data but when I try to send a test email it shows an error: Authentication failed using username 'XXXXX' and password 'YYYYYYY'.

I'm sure all configuration data is well-typed and correct (I've done this several times even in other prestashop versions).

I'm working on a remote VPS, but I have a sandbox installed on my PC and works properly here...(not on the VPS).

Any idea?

Thanks,

Hi Nemo1,

Thanks for your rapid answer.

After read your answer I made some test with telnet from the VPS and the gmail account and I can enter prompt from there, so I think that is not the problem (if anyone doesn't think the same, please, let me know).

Any new idea?

Hi!!

Again me!! :-)

Nemo1 has inspired me with its answer and began to wonder if maybe is my VPS provider who blocks my conection via SMTP (I recently have seen it works fine with mail php function), so I wrote them an email asking about.

If I get some news about this will let you know.

See ya!

Hi!!,

Now it is solved. I talk to my provider and it was all fine so I had to keep searching and finally I found the issue: Gmail uses a 'captcha' that keeps the domain/ip trying to access (or that I think so), so I just had to access my Gmail acount and disable 'DisplayUnlockCaptcha'.

Now it works!

Thanks for your help anyway!

• Like 1