Tons of spam today in the forum

selectshop.at

Question

19 answers to this question

about 40-50 new users reported. 9 sites on a forum section only with spam, this is not acceptable... PLEASE ACTIVATE Double-Opt-In for new accounts and restrict the posting capacity for them. New users don't should add more than 10 topics in a time of X. I'm sure the users are all coming from same range. Restrict the posting capacity of the range or add of new users for a time of X.

------------------

EDIT:

After one hour reporting spam I gave up. My intention was only to answer questions and not to go agains spam, besides I have only  restricted rights too and have to wait till another completes the work. It is really frustrating.

Edited by selectshop.at (see edit history)

Totally agree with selectshop

Their must be a lot trusted/respected Mods, Devs, End Users on the forum that could help fight the spamming problem.

Just hitting the report button does not seem to be doing any good.

Prestashop is a global enterprise and runs, like everything else, on a 24 hour clock, so their should be someone in each time zone with the power to delete these emails

Paul

Well now about 2 hours working only on spam of this forum. There is no filter for new users. I'm observing that users opening an account, having same surname and lastname added to account (which is obvious that it is a spam account) and adding seconds after spam topics.

More than 10 sites of reported users today only by me... It is really frustrating. As I have also other things to do, as to only report spamers I now log-out. Perhaps another "good fairy" has time to report spam.

Maybe their are not enough members reporting spam, the trouble is prestashop does not give a lot of information away about what they are doing to resolve this problem so, personally I cannot see any light at the end of the tunnel.

i have to say as fast as I try to report the spam I get another 10 in my inbox.

It now stands at over 1100

Paul

Hello you two.

I'm right here, seeing your reports and "flagging as spam" with Oron.

I'll be happy to give you antispam rights on the forum, but it seems I'm going to have to do it from the office on Monday because access to the forum's BO is restricted where I am right now.

You should know that these spammers are human. We stop 99% of the robots. Fighting human spammers is way harder than fighting robots... but we might have a solution really soon.

Thanks for your great patience! You're amazing.

Hi

Since I'm on the forum this morning as I banish the spammers, it would be nice if we could have the last moderators register as a list and select all the pseudo create following

a solution if an IP address under nicknames are created in a given period of time on the block.

Edited by Oron (see edit history)

Hey Paulito

I'm only moderator ,to recruit moderators community manager is to manage.

must be improved spam, if an IP address creates more pseudo following automatically block the IP even if it is only for a given time

Or put a banner : Many Several moderator survey this forum :):o

Really bad, that trusted users (ex-moderator) don't have permissions to suppress spam or at least to delete the spam. I have only rights for to report and have to wait till another moderator (on weekend) release my report...

I just gave you anti-spam moderation rights on the forum, use them wisely :) Thanks again for your help on Saturday morning.

• Like 2