How to undo translation revisions under module: blockcategories

emassy

Hello,

I wanted to change the word "Categories" to "Menu" so after reading some posts I went to translations (installed modules) and under Module: blockcategories I added the word "Menu" as follows:

default-bootstrap - blockcategories_footer
Categories = Menu

default-bootstrap - blockcategories
Categories block = Menu
Categories = Menu

However, after doing so, the Top & Bottom layout changed.  Now the Contact Us & Sign In links at the top are missing; and some items are missing from the bottom footer (the word "Categories"; © 2014 Ecommerce software by PrestaShop™; the word "Newsletter" in front of the Box to enter email, etc..).

So I went back and undid the changes by deleting the word "Menu" and saved it but nothing has changed.  The items are still missing.  How can I undo what I did?  Thanks.

Correction: the only modules that have their name appearing with an icon next to them are the following:

- Customer referral program  - v1.6
- Payment by check - v2.5

Everything else has the envelop icon with the names missing.

there is a drop down on every module:

Front Office Features
Categories block v2.8.6 - by PrestaShop

Adds a block featuring product categories.

On the drop down you can select reset.

If you only see Front office features it is because the translation of the module is not done.

You can do module translations (this is copy paste for english) and it will show with the name after that.

This goes with all modules: first do all translations of all active modules!!!

If there is no translation on the module you don't see the name of the module anymore.

Try going to Module translations and find the module there.

If all fields are red you have to translate them (even is it's english to english)

After that you should be able to see the module again.

Attention: with me it happens that I have to do translations 2 times before they get saved, so check!!!

good luck!

Thank you!

Is there a quicker way to translate all the different modules besides copying & pasting each field?

All of the modules have dissappered from Positions so I have to do Translation for everything.

Not sure what caused this but there must be a bug in Prestashop 1.6.0.11 that caused this.  All I did before all this happened was rename the name "Categories" to "Menu" and clicked save in Translation.

Ok, thank you so much!

By change, would you happen to know which field controls the name "Categories" with the plus (+) sign that appears when viewed with a Mobile phone?  The bottom footer successfully translated from "Categories" to "Menu" but I can't seem to find the field that controls the name "Categories" that appears on a mobile device.

We have a funny issue with an iPad that might be the same as with you now.

We have a Facebook like box module to have it in the left column, but it was going over the product for a bit.

We disabled the module for all type of mobile devices and looked how we could change it.

Found a way to make the width smaller and turned on for mobile again.

On all devices that saw the webiste for the first time it was visible except on our iPad !!!

Something in the cash is stuck there and I haven't found a solution for that.

Ask someone to check your Categorie!