How to change PRICE

I am building a website for my company and a lot of the prices depend on the price of GOLD and SILVER.

Unfortunately these prices change by the minute.

In the PRICE field it has to have a numerical value or it comes up with an error message.

I would like to be able to write something like: "Please call for Price" in the PRICE field Instead of a fixed number, because that just wont work for my products or site.

If someone could please help me I would greatly appreciate it.

My site it www.jgmni.com if that helps.

Thank you

Rick

hello

did you manage to have a "call for price" option? i have developed a couple of joomla-virtuemart sites and this is a default option when you do not put price in the product, so if you are still interest we can speak about

regards
nikos ioan

Hello

thank you for your replies, imagine that some products will have prices and some other products will have a "call for price" button so the competitors will not see the prices, that is one of the reason, the other reason is to use Prestashop as a catalog.

so the best option is having in admin an option to choose if the product is "Call for price" or just a standard prestashop product

the downside is that buyers can't buy the "call for price" products directky from your online shop - you need to arrange a way by phone.

@rasmith27........This was something I wrestled with for some time as I launched a jewelry site, and obviously the product prices depend on the gold and silver price. What I decided to do instead of linking my prices to the ever changing precious metal prices, was create a fixed formula in Excel so all product prices would draw off the same base precious metal prices.

I did the math and there is little change in price (for my products anyway) for every $100 swing using the 2nd London fix gold price. If you're profit markup can be balanced and take this into account, whether the price goes up, or down, it should average out. One way to adjust product prices is to use the Catalog --> Product --> Reduction Amount (percentage or dollar figure).

I figured if prices change drastically, there should be a way to run a SQL query and adjust all Gold or Silver prices by whatever percentage you need it to be. This is just my 2 cents worth and what works for me, hope this makes sense. Good Luck...

17996_dKYVr2le4v7ueSD8Y2f2_t