Jump to content
tecnico-bl

Search not working if language is not english

Recommended Posts

PS 1.6.0.11 updated from 1.6.0.9

 

The search module don't work (even quicksearch) if the language is set to "italian" or other languages.

 

Only english works.

 

In the prev. version all works fine.

 

Some help?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Try this (not sure if its going to work)

1. Go to back office

2. Hover on Preference

3. Click on Search

4. When you see the sub menu Indexing you will see 3 links you can click on.

5. Try them all 3 and see if your problem is solved or not.

Edited by Crezzur (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok.

Update: the seach module don't work in multi language; only english data are written in database.

 

Manually inserting in the tables

- search_index

- search_word

the values taken from the backup of last working database (from 1.6.0.9), the search works.

 

So, PrestaShop team, we need you fix it asap!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's really weird, so 1.6.0.11 doesn't index non-default languages?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same issue using PrestaShop 1.6.0.14: if I try searching a product (identical name and description in all languages), its only found in English. Product catalog is under 10 items.

 

EDIT :

-Trying the "Add missing products to index" function did not work.

[ Preferences > Search >Add missing products to the index (small link at the bottom) ]

-Rebuilding the index DID work.

[ Preferences > Search >Re-build the entire index (small link at the bottom) ]

Edited by Sam_2015 (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a somewhat similar problem, and the solutions provided here did solve it.

 

Shop is here: http://tabatekku.com/index.php

 

The shop have two languages, English and Japanese. Some of the products in Japanese also use Latin characters

 

Search with Latin characters works fine in English. If I change language to Japanese, results will only show when Japanese characters are used in search, not Latin characters.

 

* I have tried "Add missing products to the index" and "Re-build the entire index", neither helped.

* I have checked the database search table, and there are entries in it.

* I have updated Prestashop from 1.6.0.9 to 1.6.0.14, but that didn't solve the issue either.

 

Does anyone have any ideas what might be causing the issue on my site?

Edited by magnusjacobsen (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have this problem too. Prestashop 1.6.0.6 . Any solution yet ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have same problem. Only "smart" option for me is to add EN next to product name in BO. I have 30k products, so i don''t know how to that, i will try with mysql commands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Cookies ensure the smooth running of our services. Using these, you accept the use of cookies. Learn More