Setting up Email with Prestashop

MetaNova

Question

Hi all-

I'm new to Prestashop Cloud, and I am just configuring everything. I have been researching something for the past week but have come to no solution yet.

I want to set up the email to send all order messages through. I go to Advanced Parameters> Email. I tried to configure the SMTP server for Gmail since I don't see the PHP option on Prestashop Cloud (I noticed that this option is available on standalone prestashop). So, I went with configuring my own SMTP but keep getting an error:

Error: Please check your configuration
Authentication failed using username '[email protected]' and password '************'

I keep getting the same error. When I login to Gmail, it says that someone else is accessing my account. I already turned off 2 step verification. 

How can I configure Prestashop Cloud to send emails? Should I make a new email account somewhere?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

13 answers to this question

Hi,

When you create your PrestaShop Cloud Store, you automatically have a SendinBlue account ready to use in your email settings.

Have you received any email from SendinBlue, like "How are your emails sent?"

And it's free (until 300 emails per day).

If you want, we can reconfigure your settings in your Back office to use SendinBlue.

Hi, 

Thank you very much for your help! I activated my SendinBlue account and it works perfectly. After activating it, I went to the parameters page on SendinBlue and copied that password that was there and input it inside the email settings on Prestashop. It works really well! Once again, thank you for your help!

Hello. Im having the same problem. When i signed up to prestashop cloud i didnt recieve an email from sendinBlue, but i have signed up to open a new account. I have been into my back office, then to modules, click configure, but it takes me to a redirect loop (please see attached screen shot)

Can anyone help??

Regards

Tim

post-763096-0-15284000-1426095119_thumb.jpg

Hello. I have uninstall the module, then reinstalled it..ive added the API key, then went back to the module to configure it, clicked the test email and it failed, please see attached screen shot

attachicon.gifsc2.JPG

correctly enter the smtp settings in sendinblue into the prestashop bo->advanced parameters->email

hope it may help you.

HI ALL.

I have the same problem like "Meta Nova" and it doesn't work for me. 

Even if I reset my email settings to the standard "smtp-relay.maiing.fr" smtp- settings prestashop is not accepting my password anymore. 

What can I do?

I really appreciate your help,

Mag

Hi, 

Thank you very much for your help! I activated my SendinBlue account and it works perfectly. After activating it, I went to the parameters page on SendinBlue and copied that password that was there and input it inside the email settings on Prestashop. It works really well! Once again, thank you for your help!

You are lucky!

I had the same problem after having bought un address .com. I registrated to sendinblue, configured Prestashop but no way, no message after new registration, new order... It was last week and I am still stopped!  :-(

Does anybody know an other soft for e-commerce?

HI, i have two problems 

1) i am also getting the same problem ?

but my sendinblue account was not validated yet , was that the reason?

2) i have my own domain name veromod.in , when i enter veromod.in it redirects me to the store , but when i enter www.veromod.in it redirects me to ptrestashop login page? why is that so?

please help me fix it 

Hi,

When you create your PrestaShop Cloud Store, you automatically have a SendinBlue account ready to use in your email settings.

Have you received any email from SendinBlue, like "How are your emails sent?"

And it's free (until 300 emails per day).

If you want, we can reconfigure your settings in your Back office to use SendinBlue.

please reconfigure my settings

Hi,

I am tryingto add our corporate email address to the store. It wont work, after entering all details PrestaShop returns the following error. I tried our company email address as well as my private gmail address. Anyone?

The SMTP connection failed to start xxxx fsockopen returned Error Number 0 and Error String