Order Confirmation Page on Return from Paypal is Blank

Terofal

Hi there,

I can successfully direct customers to Paypal and get them back, however, on their return they arrive at order-confirmation.php, which doesn't say anything comforting to the customer about the successful order being complete. It's basically just blank with the progress bar on top and "back to orders" link on the bottom.

My question is, can I edit (without screwing up the code) this page to put something like "Your order is now complete - Thanks!"

Or should PS be directing customers to a different page altogether?

Thanks!
-jake

I noticed the same thing when running a test order through Paypal..
It wasn't very encouraging when the buyer returns to your site from Paypal to a blank page.. (well not blank, but the centre column doesn't say anything like "Thank you for your order, it will be processed soon and you will receive an email... blah blah blah.."

Perhaps it's just a simple case of putting some text into order-confirmation.tpl in your theme directory?

• 6 months later...

Its been long time since this was posted, i faced same problem and found solution, i dont know whether u already have solution but i am replying since it may useful to others with same problem

solution:

You should Hook PaypalAPI Module in to Payment Return using modules positions feature

• 2 months later...
Its been long time since this was posted, i faced same problem and found solution, i dont know whether u already have solution but i am replying since it may useful to others with same problem

solution:

You should Hook PaypalAPI Module in to Payment Return using modules positions feature

I owe you a beer if this works. Have the same issue. Will let you Know.

Phil

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Yes, thank you! It works.. but why does it not get installed here when you install the module.
We use V1.4 with Paypal module and only recently installed it and started using it... is this a bug with the module? Do we need to point this out to Prestashop team?

• 1 year later...

I have started a thread about how to edit the Order Confirmation page I don't have any replies yet so I am wondering if you cant edit the text fields which is a real pain for me as the text field doesn't make sense for what I am selling on my site, I was hoping there would be a WYSIWYG type option for editing the screen but I don't think there is :0(

Edited by sharky980 (see edit history)