How to redirect www.mysite.com/en/ to www.mysite.com/

web@unitedtimepieces

Hello

I had 3 languages installed in my shop in the beginning but only 1 was used. I realize in rare cases users of certain countries, like Hong Kong will default to the chinese version of my site.

I disabled all languages on my website, and /en was removed, but all my links in google now gives a 404 error. My site still completely works, but any backlinks built last time with the /en/ in the middle are now broken.

Can you please advise how we can preserve SEO and google organic rankings by re-directing all /en/ links to the ones without /en/? Thank you

I tried following this thread but it does not work.

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/236630-remove-language-extensions-through-htaccess/

Edited by web@unitedtimepieces (see edit history)

Hello

I had 3 languages installed in my shop in the beginning but only 1 was used. I realize in rare cases users of certain countries, like Hong Kong will default to the chinese version of my site.

I disabled all languages on my website, and /en was removed, but all my links in google now gives a 404 error. Can you please advise how /en/ can be removed using 301 redirects for all pages? Thank you

I tried following this thread but it does not work.

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/236630-remove-language-extensions-through-htaccess/

Look into Configuration > SEO & URL's. Maybe it could be there.

• 2 weeks later...

Hola, disculpa no hablo ingles, en mi caso después de configurar el SEO+URLs me pasaba algo similar lo solucione modificando la Url Canónica en la selección de no haber redireccion, bueno a diferencia suya no tengo varios idiomas pero me funciono, pruebalo depronto funcione...