Can not change default theme !

Hi Forum:
I can not change the default theme. I select other theme, save and it shows "Changes successfully updated". But if I sroll down, the default theme is selected, and no change to the Front Office.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance,

Olaf Marcos

Hi Forum:
I can not change the default theme. I select other theme, save and it shows "Changes successfully updated". But if I sroll down, the default theme is selected, and no change to the Front Office.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance,

Olaf Marcos

Hi. Try to delete the files in tools/smarty/compyle via FTP. Dont remove the index.php
REfresh and tell me the news

quick update: i could change the theme in the config/settings.inc.php file, just entered the correct theme name there and it worked for me

Olaf, can you check if that works for you or have you found another solution?

try to set write permisson to this file

quick update: i could change the theme in the config/settings.inc.php file, just entered the correct theme name there and it worked for me

I can't believe this, done dozens of joomla installations and a couple of prestashops and I still forget about the CHMOD permissions :D.
Thanks for the heads-up.

I have set permissions to 777 and no change. Any other solution?

I don't like to hardcode the theme.

Regards,

Olaf Marcos

I have set permissions to 777 and no change. Any other solution?

I don't like to hardcode the theme.

Regards,

Olaf Marcos

My solution wasn't really "hardcoding", merely changing the option button in another way than trough the admin...

Changing permissions to 777 no luck.

If I change it manually in settings.inc.php works.

Anybody knows why?

Best regards,

Olaf

Not sure if this is the answer as I'm relatively new to PS but most of the problems I had with various modules and changes etc were solved by changing the CHMOD to 755. From what I have gathered from the forums is that some servers don't like CHMOD 777.

Not sure if this is the answer as I'm relatively new to PS but most of the problems I had with various modules and changes etc were solved by changing the CHMOD to 755. From what I have gathered from the forums is that some servers don't like CHMOD 777.

Thanks for the reply Dahl99.

But, where to change permissions from 777 to 755? In all folders and files that have 777 now?

The server is mine at home, I have never had problems with 777 permissions...

Greetings,

Olaf Marcos

Hi Olaf,

Try changing the Themes folder and the folder of the theme you are trying use to CHMOD 755. I believe the files inside the theme folder can be left as 644.

Hope that works.

Regards

Permissions as you tell, but no change...

drwxr-xr-x 7 web10_sac web10 4096 ene 25 18:15 themes

./themes
-rw-r--r-- 1 web10_sac web10 5521 ene 24 22:06 debug.tpl
drwxr-xr-x 7 web10_sac web10 4096 ene 25 18:07 descanso
drwxr-xr-x 8 web10_sac web10 4096 ene 25 18:14 elrey
-rw-r--r-- 1 web10_sac web10 298 ene 24 22:06 index.php
drwxr-xr-x 7 web10_sac web10 4096 ene 25 18:02 iris
drwxr-xr-x 8 web10_sac web10 4096 ene 24 22:06 prestashop
drwxr-xr-x 6 web10_sac web10 4096 ene 24 22:06 .svn

Aghhhh. So trivial... Is there anywhere some debug file or anything to look at?

Best regards,

Olaf Marcos

Did you upload the theme as a Zip file via the back office or transfered the theme unzipped to the themes directory?

I've copied the default theme and rename. Set permissions and owners.

Regards,

Olaf Marcos

Hi Olaf,

have you had any luck yet? What changes did you make to the copied theme?

Regards

Any change... I just copied, set permissions and owners and try to change through the BO. No luck yet...

Greetings,

Olaf Marcos

I'm not sure what changes to the copied theme you've done so if my suggestion below is wrong my appologies.

Download a free theme and install. That way you'll be able to see colour/layout changes in the FO.

Regards

Hi Dahl99:

I tried that with 2 differentes free themes. I see the changes in FO, but I can not change themes in BO (although the changes saves succesfully). I must do editing the config.settings.php directly...

I hope more suggestions, tests, etc.

Best regards,

Olaf Marcos

Hi! there

If there is no preview picture in your themes folder, you cannot or it won't let you change it...is the preview pic in the folder?

Hi KGal:

Yes, the previews are in theme's folder and I see them in BO --> Apperance...

Regards,

Olaf Marcos

in the theme folder, there is a config folder, inside there there is conf.xml change the name to reflect your theme name on line 2 and let me know if that works

Hi KGal:

I change the config.xml of all folders/themes to reflect their folders' name... No change...

Anyway, the free themes I download to test have the default name and description in config.xml: "Prestashop", "This is de default Prestashop..."

Has anybody the permissions table that must have themes folder???

Regards,

Olaf Marcos

Olaf your theme folder should be 0755 and the other folders, your files should be 0644...sorry not much help, it is puzzling!

I think permissions are as documentation, but I have some ideas about where the problem might be.

First, I apologize for no comment this... I have over an ISPCONFIG system...

This system set virutal domains with these file owners:

webX_user:webX(group)

For example:

drwxr-xr-x 7 web10_sac web10 4096 ene 25 18:15 themes

./themes
rw-r-r— 1 web10_sac web10 5521 ene 24 22:06 debug.tpl
drwxr-xr-x 7 web10_sac web10 4096 ene 25 18:07 descanso
drwxr-xr-x 8 web10_sac web10 4096 ene 25 18:14 elrey
rw-r-r— 1 web10_sac web10 298 ene 24 22:06 index.php
drwxr-xr-x 7 web10_sac web10 4096 ene 25 18:02 iris
drwxr-xr-x 8 web10_sac web10 4096 ene 24 22:06 prestashop
drwxr-xr-x 6 web10_sac web10 4096 ene 24 22:06 .svn

Well, apache is running with "www-data" user, which is included in group "web10". So, in my case, I think the group must have the user permissions that you suggest. Am I in the correct way?

But, I dude cause this is the only problem that I have. And if I am correct with these sentences, I imagine that some things would be crashing... I don't know...

What you think?

Regards,

Olaf

Hi Dahl99:

I tried that with 2 differentes free themes. I see the changes in FO, but I can not change themes in BO (although the changes saves succesfully). I must do editing the config.settings.php directly…

I hope more suggestions, tests, etc.

Best regards,

Olaf Marcos

If you can see the changes in the FO then surely the theme has installed correctly. There are very few themes that change the look of the BO.

Regards

If you can see the changes in the FO then surely the theme has installed correctly. There are very few themes that change the look of the BO.

Regards

Yes, the themes are installed correctly. But, why I can not change them from the Appearance menu in the BO?

Regards,

Olaf Marcos

I tried to set the same permissions for user and group on themes folder structure and settings.inc.php, but no luck...

Wowhh!! I can't belive !! So easy thing !! :-S

Regards,

Olaf Marcos

The last permissions try... All files and folders 777... and... BINGO. I will try to set now the correct permissions????

All files 644, all folders 755 and the 777 as the install instructions???

I will post with news...

Better regards,

Olaf Marcos

I guess those aren't the correct permissions or I have any other problem...

I have tried with these two little scripts...

find ./ -type f -exec chmod 644 {} \;
find ./ -type d -exec chmod 755 {} \;
chmod 777 ./config ./upload ./download ./tools/smarty/compile
chmod 777 ./img ./mails ./modules ./themes/*/lang ./translations -R

and

find ./ -type f -exec chmod 664 {} \;
find ./ -type d -exec chmod 775 {} \;

No luck!

Any other suggestions about the correct permissions??

Regards,

Olaf Marcos

Have you solved the problem? What was it you did?

Mmmm, yes and no.

I can change themes from the BO setting 777 permissions to all files and folders.

But now, I don't know what are the correct permissions to the file and folders structure?

Setting 644(664) to all files, 755(775) to all folders and 777 to folders as install intructions, I back to the begginng. Can not change themes in BO.

So, yes and no... I know that is something with permissions, but what are the correct permissions?

Regards,

Olaf Marcos

A little update !!

I see some files on /compile folder:

-rw-r--r-- 1 www-data www-data 4091 ene 28 23:00 % ^099^0994CDE0%%blockbestsellers.tpl.php
-rw-r--r-- 1 www-data www-data 10621 ene 28 23:00 %^18E^18EC2E74%%blockcart-json.tpl.php
-rw-r--r-- 1 www-data www-data 458 ene 28 23:00 %$^24D^24D1B7C7%%footer.tpl.php
-rw-r--r-- 1 www-data www-data 2184 ene 28 23:00 %D^44D^44DAF8FD%%blockcategories.tpl.php
-rw-r--r-- 1 www-data www-data 15855 ene 28 23:00 %^5C7^5C7822C5%%blockcart.tpl.php
-rw-r--r-- 1 www-data www-data 5871 ene 28 23:00 %o^6FC^6FC7A4E3%%blockwishlist.tpl.php
-rw-r--r-- 1 www-data www-data 3253 ene 28 23:00 %