Google and PayPal Shopping Cart to Order Conversion Module - Using shared hosting, SSL certificate shared, getting 401 error or 404 error? Try this...

Problem: You are getting an error or errors, such as 401 or 404, when someone completes an order from PayPal or Google Checkout. The order completes, and you get paid, on PayPal or Google Checkout but the callback API is not working right. This is probably because you are using shared hosting and may have a shared SSL certificate too, depending on your hosting provider. PrestaShop does not complete or convert shopping carts to orders without the API callback working correctly so your inventory and stats never are updated in Prestashop.

Solution: Another user has come up with a great solution to this. I am using it myself. The solution is to add another module that allows you to convert shopping carts to orders in the back office. Therefore the inventory is reduced accordingly and the reports get updated, etc. You are basically doing manually what the step the API callback would be doing, if it was workiing.

Note for Google Checkout: Leave the API callback link blank on Google Checkout when configuring the Google Checkout module. Do not put anything in it. The order will process ok and you will use the Cart2Order module to manually complete the order.

Step 1: Download the module from Lee's website: http://leewaterman.com/prestashop-manually-converting-carts-to-orders/

Step 2: Unzip this module.

Step 3: Copy the folder "cart2order" into the Modules folder of Prestashop on your website.

Step 4: Install the "cart2order". In the back office, go to Modules tab. You will now see the cart2order at the top of the modules listing. Click on the install button.

How to Use: Go to the Customers tab. On the sub tab (on the line just below Customers tab) is the link to the Cart2Order module. Click on this link. You will now see a listing of shopping carts from your customers. Click on a Customer Name for more info. (Use Browser Back Button after viewing). Click on PayPal or Google Payment icon to convert cart to order. You will get a Confirm or Cancel box before conversion takes place.

That is it. A GREAT work-a-round that solved my problem and should solve yours too. I don't know Lee but I was once a programmer and his module has been my saving grace from hours of searching and testing different ideas to fix this problem. Please donate to him if you find his module helpful.

Good luck,
Keith
http://www.bestpricedvds.info

• 2 months later...

Hello there!

After trying many things (including contacting our host provider) I've tried to install cart2go without any success. I've unziped the file and it saved 4 .php files and 1 logo file. I've tried to instal this folder but the back offcie couldn't accept the whole folder - it want's direct link to the zip file or file from my pc, not php file.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Daisy

• 2 weeks later...

Just manualy load the cart2order folder into the modules folder on your server, it will load.

My problem is that the paypal order that did not convert to an order on my website is not showing in this module but is showing as a shopping cart.

• 1 month later...

SOLUTION

For all the people that have the same problem with PayPal not showing valid order in the back office, the solution for me was in my paypal account, profile, instant messages IPN, and the following code in the settings:

http://YOURWEBSITENAME.COM/modules/paypal/validation.php

No prestashop as is in the WIKI of presta web!

Hope this will work!

If somebody can help me with the same problem but Google Checkout (not showing valid orders in the back offcie) that would be much appreciated!

• 11 months later...