Moon theme, I want stars!

Hi, I really love this theme and it is perfect for my new setup. You are a brilliant designer! I'm trying to move to prestashop after months of sweating and hairpulling with wordpress and the ecommerce plugin which is buggy, unstable and far less mature or powerful than Prestashop.
To give you an idea of what I managed to do with it and for comparison if you are interested: http://www.maedupandco.com - but I do NOT recommend WP ecommerce unless you are a developper!(Iamnot!)

I first tried applying Moon to 1.2.5 and it doesn't work well at all... the photos don't move to reveal the product discription as when installed with 1.2.4 (yes I tried both)

My headache is that with 1.2.4 it is impossible for me to download any product images (I'm installed on localhost for the moment) without getting the "format not recognized" error. I have searched the forum far and wide to find no answers - lots of people posting with this issue, but NO ONE writing back with a solution!

Images load fine with 1.2.5 but this beautiful theme won't work... I am absolutely gutted as bugs and headaches are exactly why I am trying Prestashop in the first place!

Anyone willing to help out a damsel in distress? I speak both french and English so an answer in any language would be great!

Thanks a million

Well, the stats on my wordpress site show that lots of people have looked at this, not many have posted any responses... that must mean that I am not alone in this predicament?

As I had not advanced very far into the set up of my shop, I decided to re-install 1.2.5 from scratch and kept the changes I had made to the moon theme...

Somehow, this time, everything worked out fine. The theme works fine with 1.2.5 apart from some css problems on certain pages that won't be too much trouble to fix and I can download product photos now!

So for those just starting out - try installing again - it seems that somehow, it doesn't always install properly - I think I have de-installed and re-installed at least a dozen times now...

Just keep trying!

• 4 weeks later...

Nice site.

If one thing that lets Prestashop down is the support. The mods can not be everywhere, but like you say, people have visited, but left no comment or advice.

My comment? Love the site. Well designed. Look forward to seeing the Presta version.
My advice? Prestashop is a good ecommerce platform. I just wish that people would answer questions when people need help rather than just get the modules, themes and other software and not contribute to the forums.

Andy

Thank you very much Andy alias "omega"! That is really nice and encouraging. Compared to the WP ecommerce forum, this one is way friendlier and people (like you) do actually respond - when they have answers... seems to depand a lot on what we are actually asking! Of course the give and take thing is always in a disproportional ratio... human nature I guess. In any case - I'll remember you and try to help you out however I can!
Good luck -
Veronique