PayPal Issue - No Order Emails - No Order Notification in BO - Error

pneeds

I received an order from my website yesterday but was only aware of this after getting an email about payment from PayPal.

There is no evidence of this order in my BO and I received no emails regarding this order from my store. I created a test order and after order was placed, there was a blank screen. I turned on error reporting and got this.

Notice: Undefined index: PAYMENTREQUEST_0_SHIPPINGAMT in /home1/root/public_html/website.com/shop/modules/paypal/paypal_orders.php on line 70

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'PrestaShopException' with message 'Property Order->payment is empty' in /home1/root/public_html/website.com/shop/classes/ObjectModel.php:866 Stack trace: #0 /home1/root/public_html/website.com/shop/classes/ObjectModel.php(272): ObjectModelCore->validateFields() #1 /home1/root/public_html/website.com/shop/classes/order/Order.php(299): ObjectModelCore->getFields() #2 /home1/root/public_html/website.com/shop/classes/ObjectModel.php(480): OrderCore->getFields() #3 /home1/root/public_html/website.com/shop/classes/order/Order.php(304): ObjectModelCore->add(true, true) #4 /home1/root/public_html/website.com/shop/classes/PaymentModule.php(335): OrderCore->add() #5 /home1/root/public_html/website.com/shop/modules/paypal/paypal.php(1366): PaymentModuleCore->validateOrder(1810, 2, 0.56, '', 'Payment accepte...', Array, 3, false, '38982ab1f7d66a1...', Object(Shop)) #6 /home1/root/public_html/website.com/shop/modules/paypal/express_checkou in/home1/root/public_html/website.com/shop/classes/ObjectModel.php on line 866

The PayPal module is updated.

PrestaShop version 1.6.0.11

Shop URL http:/......

Current theme in use default-bootstrap

I've searched the forum and the internet, spoken to PayPal but haven't managed to solve the issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. 

Edited by pneeds (see edit history)

Not sure of the issue, but can you tell if the problem is with the instant checkout button, or after an account is created and checkout in the standard way?

Also, I believe that this statment

"International customers (including EU) please note that if you choose a delivery option with no tracking available we will be unable to offer you a refund should your package become 'lost in transit'. CLICK HERE TO READ MORE."

Is probably illegal - definitely in the EU it is

• 2 weeks later...

This problem is still ongoing with no response from the module creator. I've exhausted all 'fixes' on the forum and nothing works for me. 

Can ANYONE assist me. When will Prestashop official recognise this as an issue as this goes back a few years. 

This is the most extensive post I've read https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/282164-paypal-payment-but-no-orders/ and still no fix. 

It's now 4:30am in the UK and this is pretty standard with me trying to get a resolve with this issue with no luck.

Paypal is my only payment option on the website so this is crucial. 

Also, i notice when manually creating an order in the back office - PayPal is not listed as an option. Is that normal? For me to process the order, I have to temporarily enable bank transfer and process it that way.

PLEASE PLEASE can someone assist me.