Combinations without defaults

bettinz

Hello all,

I'm new in prestashop and I'm trying to learn this powerful tool.

What I can't understand now, is that:

I want a parent product, with the image of 3 or 4 combinations: this product have no quantity or price, just the name, for example "Black T-Shirts".

When the user click on this product, he see all the images of combinations, and the default image is the picture of all t-shirts.

If he select the character, he see the black t-shirt with character on it.

What happen now:

I've a product with 3 combinations; I need to choose a default combination, and when I click on "black t-shirts" it show the image of default combination, and not the product image (of course it's different the default image of parent products compared to variant image).

I've read other users with old versions and some advice was to edit product.tpl and javascript; is still necessary? I'm using 1.6.0.11.

Thank you for the help :)

Hello, I've tried with settings, but apparently I can't save a product with combinations and without a default. It's really strange.

Anyone have tried something like that? I use for example Amazon, and it use the father/son idea, with a product father (without price, san, etc) selected by default, and son with each combination.

Thank you

• 1 month later...