[SOOLVED] How to make B2B Work?

I have a shop in version 1.6 that I want to extend to B2B

Right now I have a normal shop for the plain Consumer. But after we got some business customers, we would like the following

Creating customers (company name + password) in BO as you can du with ordinary costumes.

The customer in question will see price without VAT

And we can set a discount size.

Some presta freaks who have an idea for this.:-)

Regards. Lasse

Edited by Runge1980 (see edit history)

First - Haylau - it def does ;-)

Runge - this is a bit tricky. My solutions works for this shop, and I don´t know if there is anything better out there or any other solution to it...but, this is how we built up the solution:

1. We have the B2B as the main clients, and consumers are just allowed to see the rek. retail price when they are not logged in.

2. We use the (my words) "in price " for the bookkeeping , thus we export all orders to a ecenomicsystem, and import all prices and the stock from the same.

To be able to show the rek. price we ad a special condition e.g "if you are are visitor, price = xxxx:-"

There is ways to "export" data from let´s say EXCEL where you have the article number in one column and the rek. price in one and then import that information into the right place in Prestashop OR you can do the conditions manually!

If you are going to let the "B2C" clients to be able to shop from your store, define a group thats called B2C and use the customer (or whatever suits you) to define the B2B-clients.

The hard part here is to define the discount for the B2B-clients, so please...sketch everything on paper and do start with the flow of how the transactions are going...

There is no problem to do what you want, and when you turn on B2B, you get more fields e.g company information to include in the reg. process....everything from VAT-No to max. amount they can shop for...

this is messy - but the more work you do on "paper" and find the "traps" - the easier it will be in the end.

DD

Ps. DONT set up general discounts for groups - create groups, and the AD discounts on product groups and so on....

If there is anything specific you need to now - Im glad to help! 

• Like 1

Perhaps it is just our own system. We have B2C and B2B

The only thing we need B2B to do is allow a company to register and then that company has many users. So for example the account would be "MacDonalds" and then have "John@macdonalds", "Jane@Macdonalds" etc as users. Then Jane and John can place their own orders, but we would just have one invoice point

I know it can all be exported and worked on, but it does not seem to be possible directly with Prestashop 

I suppose the problem is that there are no useful documentations about B2B

Runge - try to go with deathdealer advice 

just a question Haylau - how do you handle the prices??? Meaning the B2B are re-sellers ...right...to consumers or do they just have a specific discount on the prices like 25%...or?

Rely interested how you handle them both on the same site :-)

Kindly

DD

We do quantity discounts. Most of the general public will only want a few, where are re-sellers would want 100's

So we have a range of quantity discounts. Buy 100 and get 20% off kind of thing. 

We also have a group set up so that we can give trade customers a purchase order payment method, not visible to general public, and also a special courier

Hi, I'm looking to do exactly the same thing. My site allows customers to order but I'd also like to set up a special customer group (using the B2B option) so for one company I can give multiple users their own login. Each user has their own delivery addresses they can ship to but the invoice goes to the head office. I'd like to give certain users a "master account" so they can add/edit/delete users, set privileges, etc.

Is this beyond the B2B feature set? Should I be looking for a module?

Cheers

Nick

n_s_simpson - that works perfectly without any module! Just think how you are going to set up the groups BEFOR, so you have a plan! :-)

Create the groups, ad categories and discount to the group. You will not see the discount as a discount on the order - they just get the reduction...

Kindly

DD

well - I don't think that the universe is going to implode at all :-)

You can use the system as it is, but....try it...just turn it on and there will be no major changes...more information about the clients(companies) e.g VAT NO as so on....

Im not sure about the flow of your system....but to attach a separated PDF that are generated from another system....

don´t know m8

@Deathdealer

Can you clarify for me, if we switch on B2B does that enable us to have a company with multiple users? So for example, if a company we sell to, lets call it "Deathdealer ltd"

So I can have one company called "Deathdealer Ltd" then have multiple buyers from that company. So John@deathdealer, Sue@deathdealer etc

How does that work?

Ron: A company can have a lot of offices e.g either one billing address and a lot of physical stores and the other way around e.g all these compnys are in this group and get discounts and have their own addresses for billing......

There is no major changes if you turn on - so try it!

But again, make a sketch of the way you what it to work, get it down on paper and just see it before you actually just starting to create a lot of accounts :-)

DD

Ps. and yes you can get exactly what you ask for! again :-)

• 8 months later...

Hello, found this thread kind of useful and need to ask a clarification.

Is it possible to have a b2b or b2c shop by default ( doesn't matter) and if the user has registered with a VAT number then display the b2b prices, else the b2c prices.

As far as i can think of I need an automatic customer group assignment on register? Is it implemented yet or do I need to modify the code?

Found a smarty variable $priceDisplay, which when user is logged in with VAT number valid, it is 1 and it shows prices in cart total  with Vat excluded, else if it is 0 the user is guest, or no VAT is given

Edited by Duskfall (see edit history)