Can a fashion shop owner please answer this question?

How do you set up your shop with color and size selection? For instance: you have shirt in the category list according to the color category ID 2 =red, category ID 3=yellow, and category ID 3= blue. And you have a product that has size of s,m,l, and xl and each has 3 color:red, yellow and blue. I know how to make the attribute combination. But do you use the same product ID for all of that shirts? If so, how does Prestashop know how to deduct the stock from the related category? If you use different Product ID for that shirts? How do you set up different product ID in the attribute section?

I don't think I am asking a difficult question as this is normal situation in a fashion shop. How do you do it? Can you please share your knowledge? I search the entire forum and I got no thread related to this, therefore, it must be an easy question that I just don't know what I am doing. If it is that easy, please help me. I am really stuck.

I am new here, and I need help. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

When you making for T-shirt called 0001 with ID 1 attributes (sizes and colour) you add quantity let say 10. And each combination has stock of 10 pcs. after selling 1 Red, size S T-shirt the stock is reduced for 1pcs and you can see stock in Combination tab of each product.

use the product combinations generator in the combinations tab when adding products. you can set different attributes - like size, colour and quantity.

once you have added each attribute don't forget to click "generate" before going back to the product.

If you have a colour/size that has less quantity than the others you can add it separately AFTER you use the combination generator - otherwise it will be deleted.
Any other probs i'll be glad to help