installation

Hi, 

I desperately need help installing my web shop.
so far i have installed all the files as per the tutorial but for some reason i still could not get my website up and live. it still keep showing "this site is under development".

i am not sure if i have any improper installation. its much appreciated if you kindly help me to sort this out as soon as possible.

i can pass my ftp and backend details if require.

Regards

Fazle

back office-->preferences-->maintenance-->set 'enable shop' to yes

I don't think it is that, it is not the "Maintenance" message. It is the message where a domain name has been registered but there are no files yet on the server

So

1) When did you register the domain name? If only in the last day or two it may be that you have to wait for the internet to get to know the domain name 

2) If more than a few days then where did you upload the files for prestasop to? What it a subfolder (e.g. http://www.newdreamwholesale.co.uk/STORE)

The problem you have is that message is nothing to do with prestashop. It is as though there are no files there at all

Check with your host to ensure there are no problems on their side. When you installed the software did the wizard confirm you had connected to your database?

If you want to pass your ftp and backoffice details to me I will have a look.

Hi ron,

i have contacted the hosting company and they told problem was with the file permissions. they have reset the file permission and now its working fine.

again thank you very much for your effort and time.

Kind regards

fazle