New Products in a category

sheriad

Where and when do you want the new products to appear?

By default, with the New Products module functionality, new products are displayed in the New Products section with a "New" banner over the image for N days after they are added to the catalog. I'm not sure what would be required to move this functionality (image banner, N days automation and all) into a category.

On the other hand, you could easily group your new products into a unique category and manually control their inclusion/exclusion:

- Disable the New Products module functionality.

- Create a category called "New Products".

- Manually, associate/disassociate your products with the category called "New Products" at whatever point in time you want.

- Optionally, add the "New Products" category item to your menu.

- I suspect it might be relatively easy to add the "New" banner image just for that category with a little code change.

I don't wanted to show all the new products on the homepage, because there is already a "Our choice" section. 

I wanted to put every new products into a category, because the customers could visit only this category, to see, is there any new products.

I don't wanted to manually do this, if it's possible. So i thought it's easy to move the "new products" modul into a category.

hello

without custom development (core change! there is no hook to insert module) it will be not possible.

but, there is a little workaround, you can just order products (preferneces > products) "default order by"

with "product add date"

so it will show always new products first

Vm1MOqY.png

Hi,

I need help with categories setup. I get this error and blank page;

Strict Standards: Declaration of Dispatcher::loadRoutes() should be compatible with DispatcherCore::loadRoutes($id_shop = NULL) in /var/zpanel/hostdata/chicnluxury/public_html/chic-n-luxury_com/override/classes/Dispatcher.php on line 0

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'public' (T_PUBLIC) in /var/zpanel/hostdata/chicnluxury/public_html/chic-n-luxury_com/override/controllers/admin/AdminCategoriesController.php on line 4

Could you help me?

Thanks in advance