Product class and ProductCore class

henryyao

Hi nerds,

I am confused on how prestashop classes infrastructure works. in many places like FrontControllerCore::init, it calls "new Product()" to load a product object. However, there is no class called Product and I tracked ProductCore::__constructor isn't called either. Does anyone know how a Product object is constructed?

Thanks,

Henry 

What are you guys doing things on Sunday? For me, Sunday is a day to rest, just because I went out Saturday night, xD

Here we go,

You can create an object product calling "new Product()". it calles the ProductCore Class and that constructor, and creates a new Product.

Don't worry about the "Core" suffix.

Hi Raphael,

Thanks for your reply. I am sorry if you feel offended by "nerds", we use that a lot in my company.

I understand the way overrides works, thanks for your pointer. However, I still don't understand the following behavior:

Let's take Translate::getAdminTranslation() function as example.

It was called in AdminControllerCore::l() function, for translations of BO text fields. When I modify the return value in AdminControllerCore::l(), it shows in BO accordingly, everything makes sense. However, when I change the return value in TranslateCore::getAdminTranslation(), nothing happens. I even tried to delete the file /classes/Translate.php, everything still works properly. 

It makes me feel I am not modifying the right file. But I can't find any other place which have getAdminTranslation() function defined.

Does what I described make any sense to you? 

Thanks,

Henry

Hello,

Everything is explained in this documentation : http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS16/Overriding+default+behaviors

It's a way to allow classes overrides.

Regards,

Ps : please don't call people "nerds", it's a pejorative word ;)

Again, show what you are doing.  Provide the code from your override class...

Also, after you install an override, Prestashop registers this override in a cache file.  So once installed, refresh your back office dashboard and then open the /config/class_index.php file

Search for the class that you have overriden (Translate) and confirm it has been registered.  This is what it looks like when there is not an override registered

'Translate' =>
  array (
    'path' => '',
    'type' => 'class',
    'override' => false,
  ),
  'TranslateCore' =>
  array (
    'path' => 'classes/Translate.php',
    'type' => 'class',
    'override' => false,
  ),