Module refund? advanced market place module

Marco Oliveira

I bought a module from webkul, the advanced market place module who is in addons place too.

However, the módule its not multilang. Basicly the module does not permit to introduce products and store detais true de seller account. 

Should not every prestashop modules support multi lang option by default? 

If one module does not do that, the developer does not have the obligation to inform it clearly in the description feautures?

I think you should obligate any prestashop developer to put "THIS MODULE DOES NOT SUPPORT MULTILANG".

In a marketplace module its reazonable to think the module have this feauture instaled, or not?

I would like to know if have the right to ask for the refund or not.

Thanks in advanced

Edited by El Patron (see edit history)

Hello Marco,

We appreciate your feedback. If what you were looking for wasn't specified on the product page, it might also mean that the module doesn't support it, that's why we really encourage customer to contact the developers and ask for technical properties before placing their order. 

What I suggest you is to contact the developer to see if he can provide you the set-up you're asking. If not you'll need to ask him for a refund.

Have a nice day!

Thank you Samyha,

They say they cant refund because it is an open sorce file. They ofered to do what i ask more 450 euros.

I gently ask them to refund me and propose myself to send them the portuguese translation. I also told them them i was prepared to not be refunded for just part of the money.

I have the AJ marketplace solution for 250 euros and agile multiple seller for 140 usd. Both are multilang for the sellers. 

I think its not serious to advertise a product of 199 euros withoud leave clear that its not multilang. 

So, the refund was asked the refund several times and the answer is no.

If you can do sometingh, i will be greatfull.

Order number 100019792 in 24/1/2015

Best regards

Edited by Marco Oliveira (see edit history)

Hi Marco, 

This isn't the right order number. It should contain 6 numbers :)

Try to request a refund directly to our team by filling this form and making sure to choose the "I have a problem with a purchase" title: http://bit.ly/1qGMjXv.

Have a great week-end!

I bought directly from them in webkul website. So, its nothing to do with you! However, you have their product announced here.

Unfortantly i just saw it after buying directly to them.

Just hopped that your relashionship with them was better then the one i have. Anyway i think the advertising in your site should have clearly that the module is not multilang to the seller.

Regards, 

If you bought the module directly with developer, you should ask for refund directly to him. Prestashop cannot give you refund on things you haven't bought with your Prestashop addons account. The reason for this is that you paid directly to the developer and not to Prestashop, which is acting as trustee in the case if you buy at Prestashop addons.

If what you were looking for wasn't specified on the product page, it might also mean that the module doesn't support it, that's why we really encourage customer to contact the developers and ask for technical properties before placing their order. 

Edited by selectshop.at (see edit history)
  • Like 1

If you bought the module directly with developer, you should ask for refund directly to him. Prestashop cannot give you refund on things you haven't bought with your Prestashop addons account. The reason for this is that you paid directly to the developer and not to Prestashop, which is acting as trustee in the case if you buy at Prestashop addons.

My friend, 

I did not ask a refund to prestashop. I did it to developer several times. By the way its reasonable to think a marketplace module suports multilang! So, i am just telling is that caracteristic when is not available, should be clearly advertised in the product. Prestashop multilang is a basic function in almost any module!

Thanks for your interest anyway, but read carefuly all i have writed.

I dont give any responsability to prestashop addons. I just asked help and give the alert in the way i think the modules should be advertised.

Its only the opinion of someone who thinks that lost money for unsuficient information.

Best regards

I'm sorry that you are pissed on, but

a) my intention was to explain you why you should ask for refund to developer and

b ) explain that you should ask before you buy a module/theme. If there is no reference on the description for multilanguage or multishop than you can presume that it is not supported. And NO, no addon or theme has to be multilanguage. If the developer developed the module for his country only, so the languages supported are en,. cause of the  code language and a second one (the one develeoper is using). There is no obligation for to have any other languages supported, not on module, not on theme and also not on personal support. Some developers don't speak English either and you will get support by google translator...

Before you buy something SIMPLY ask. You have the possibility on addons to contact the developer, you have the possibility on developers homepage, if the module is sold outside prestashop addons site.

Edited by selectshop.at (see edit history)

Hi, sorry, but it's not my vision of things, it is fact that if there is nothing in the description you can read that the addon/theme is multilanguage or multishop supporting, so it is not and you should ask.

This is the only advice I can give you to preserve you from deceptions after purchase. I'm a Prestashop insider since 2010, so take my apologize for the failed purchase and keep in mind for the future, that if: there is no answer from developer, say we in a week, to your questions, or the description is not what you are expecting, refrain from purchase.

And yes it depends on developer. ;)

My friend,

I have learned my lesson! Believe me and thanks for the advice!

It cost me nearly 190 €.

Our disagreenment stays only in this.In my point of view, it is more serious put in the description that its not multilang because this is an important and basic feauture from Prestashop and costumers have legitim expectations on that feauture. You can see there are modules advertised with this particularity.

I am not a module developer! I am more an integrater and merchant who times to times go to the code to make small changes!

Anyway! I can understand your point of view and respect it! 

Hope you can respect mine too!

All the best for you and thanks for the advice!

Marco

Of course many of these issues could be avoided if the addons section had comments as well as a rating. Quite poor that after all this time one has to make a judgement with little more than a star rating.

And although this particular case it would not have made any difference to this purchaser, it is none the less something that bugs the hell out me. Everytime I make a module purchase it is like a game of chance.

Edited by jetx (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I bought directly from them in webkul website. So, its nothing to do with you! However, you have their product announced here.

Unfortantly i just saw it after buying directly to them.

Just hopped that your relashionship with them was better then the one i have. Anyway i think the advertising in your site should have clearly that the module is not multilang to the seller.

Regards, 

Unfortunately, even with good relations with them, we can't help you request a refund if the order was placed outside of Addons. I'm sorry Marco.

• 1 month later...

I did some considerable research on one of their modules and when I asked for support I got the "

code merge is out of our free support scope, unless you are using our installation service.
here is some general instructions about override conflict and code merge" Meaning that the module I just paid $144.00 USD for through the developers website doesn't work without either modifications or having to pay for them to support it. Presto-Changeo on the other hand- I had an issue and they were very helpful and fixed their module that I paid for through their site with no questions no pay me extra services.

So I am posting this because after reading through these comments yes the OP is not going to get refunded by Prestashop, He did do his due dillegence as I did and when the seller was contacted got a poor response. I am now on my third round of emails back and forth with Agile and their documentation to resolve the code merge issue is brief and lacking description.

I am not a php programmer but have been using prestashop since the 0.9 version and know my way around it very well and I know enough php to get the job done.

Basically to make a long story short, I know what Marco is experiencing and he is right- this is poor customer service.

@ChrisRabkin, so to sum your issue.

1) You have an existing override that either you created, or a module you are using created.

2) You purchased a new module that also overrides the same class and likely the same functions in that class.

3) Because you have an existing override, the new module fails to install or function properly.

4) You are expecting support from the module author of the new module you purchased to help merge the override with your existing override, and to do that for free?

Do I have that correct?

I'm curious why you expect this type of free support only from this one module author.  Is it their issue that you have an override already of this class?  I could reason that you could also expect support from the module author that created the override originally?

doesn't work without either modifications or having to pay for them to support it.

I'm also curious, if you remove your existing override and install the new module, then does it work properly?  I suspect it will work properly.  You might consider researching these aspects more before hand...

@ChrisRabkin, so to sum your issue.

1) You have an existing override that either you created, or a module you are using created. No new module purchased that is trying to override existing prestashop overrides

2) You purchased a new module that also overrides the same class and likely the same functions in that class. purchased a new module yes new module purchased that is trying to override existing prestashop overrides

3) Because you have an existing override, the new module fails to install or function properly. Correct

4) You are expecting support from the module author of the new module you purchased to help merge the override with your existing override, and to do that for free? Yes i expect support for something that i just purchased which is know to them to be an issue or at least provide more detailed documentation that exists. Most prestashop users would not know how to merge code and this would be detrimental.

Do I have that correct?

I'm curious why you expect this type of free support only from this one module author.  Is it their issue that you have an override already of this class? Yes this is an issue with their module So I expect a modicum of free support for what I just purchased.  I could reason that you could also expect support from the module author that created the override originally? Yes you are correct that all of prestashops users should expect some type of support that comes with the module including dealing with matching overrides

I'm also curious, if you remove your existing override and install the new module, then does it work properly?  I suspect it will work properly.  You might consider researching these aspects more before hand... Why are you curious- is was stated that the module shares override classes with prestashops core- modules cannot share overrides so if the prestashop overrides are removed the module would install and prestashop would throw errors and those functions would break.

And I believe in the first sentence of my prior comment I stated "I did some considerable research on one of their modules" so maybe I should have said that I did considerable research on their module to include this and had specific conversations with the developer about things that we were trying to accomplish. So I did my due diligence.

My issue is that the module shares overrides that exist with-in prestashops core installation- so yes when I purchase a module that has this kind of conflict I would expect a modicum of support without having to pay extra for a purchase that was hours old. And Since this is a "known issue" I also would expect; being a project manager of enterprise software builds, that this type of issue would have been dealt with and proper documentation for all levels of experience created or the whole issue dealt with so installations dont have to be modified outside of "normal configurations".

My issue is that the module shares overrides that exist with-in prestashops core installation

There is no such thing. 

When you install Prestashop, it does not include overrides.  You have either installed a module that installed the override, or you created the override yourself.

There is no such thing. 

When you install Prestashop, it does not include overrides.  You have either installed a module that installed the override, or you created the override yourself.

+1 Prestashop does not install overrides by default. Prestashop only writes the folders when you install Prestashop, but they are all empty. If you have override files there, so you installed a module or theme which are using the option overrides. In this case you should add the needed lines of the new module/theme you want to install to the files already written there. So a manual adaptation is necessary.

The best is to don't use overrides at all and keep a clean Prestashop. This is my experience of 5 years Prestashop...