very disappointed with cloud performance and support service

TobyJulien

Question

I seriously regret moving from my own server to the cloud version.

I have spent almost 800euros buying modules from the addons store and half of them do not work. i do not mind spending the money if i get something that improves the design or performance of my store. When i send emails to the addons contact form, i either do not get any reply or an useless reply that does not solve my issue. i can't get refunds either.  

When i open a support ticket using the free 10 tickets that come with my store, i get no reply.

When i post a topic to ask for help in the forum, i get no response.

Now i have a live store that is basically useless as customers can not sign up for accounts, cannot retrieve their passwords, and get errors when making orders. 

What should i do, where is the right place to get help. i do not mind paying but i need fast (immediate) results as i have already had many complaints from customers and lost alot of sales!

Can anyone please advise.

Thanks in advance.

• Like 2

15 answers to this question

Hi Toby,

Thanks for sharing, we really appreciate your feedback as it helps us get better everyday. I'm sorry your experience on PrestaShop isn't optimal, let's try and make it smoother now :)

I checked your other topics on the forum and I'm happy to see that almost all of them got an answer by now. Including the one where you mention the bug with the password recovery email, which seems to be resolved now, as I checked on your site a couple minutes ago.

I also checked if we had support tickets coming from you and waiting to be processed, and it seems like we don't have any (except for your request to link your domain to your PrestaShop Cloud store, which you seem to have done in the end). Did you check in your personnal account on PrestaShop.com if those tickets you opened got an answer?

On her end, Samyha is making sure your other topic gets the right answers. 

I'm available if you have any other issue with your store, please email me at [email protected].

Welcome to the club TobyJulian, as we are all on the same boat.

I have created my shop on the cloud and I have been having the same issues than you. I thought things had gone smooth but tonight I have realised that none of my payment modules are working. It was the case at the end of January then thing got sorted with the need to use some ticket and now tonight I had to raise a new ticket as they have been disabled again and now I can no longer access the back office. Why???

My clients cannot complete their order so they abandon their carts and go and buy elsewhere...

I rang one of them tonight who told me that when creating their account they did not even receive an email. This was not the case before...

Like you I am not happy.

• Like 1

Hi milleetunesoies,

none of my payment modules are working.

This, and many other things you did on your store, explains why you are frustrated. You literally installed every free module you could get your hand on, you even activated multistore although you only have one.

We tried to follow your setting up of the store since you first started it, but as you kept installing modules on top of other modules we lost track and couldn't help you anymore. I tried to check out an item from your store just now and it didn't work :(

I truly recommend you have a PrestaShop expert take a look at your store to make it right again. It can be someone from the Community or someone from our support team. In any case, you should have a PrestaShop professional undo a thing or two and make your store functional again.

• Like 1

Hello,

Are the problems experienced by TobyJulien and myself both part of infrastructure problem or are they completely separate. Sorry but when I read your post I was not 100% sure if this was a comment to her original post or to both our post.

It looks as though I am not the only one with configuration problems on the cloud. Can you please clarify your previous reply. Thanks in advance.

Para Accesorioskiara

Muy bonitos relojes y aretes. Un pequeno email para tratar de ayurdarle. Perdona mi castellano porque esta muy rustico y pobre, hoy en dia ya no tengo al oportunidad to practicarlo y por eso poco a poco le he olvidado todo. Perdona yo no conozco la terminologia computadora en castellano para Prestashop sino quisiera tratar de decirle el nombre de los modulos que tiene que modificar en Prestashop.

Se tiene que cambiar los siguientes modulos:

- Editor de pagina de bienvenido - Home page module - editeur de page d'accueil

- cambiar la photografia en el Banner (banner bloc)

- image slider for welcome page - diaporama. Se puede poner otras photografias si visita mi sitio web www.milleetunesoies.com podra ver la diferencia

- Tambien se necesita editar el configurador de tema ( configurateur de theme) theme configuration.

Para

• Lorem Ipsum

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet conse ctetur voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu

• Dolor Sit Amet

• Ctetur Voluptate

Custom Block

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet conse ctetu

Sit amet conse ctetur ad

ipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit.

Tiene que editar el modulo Bloc cms informaciones cliente / client information cms bloc

Puede llarme via skype o facetime sino puede encontrar mi dirreccion de email en mi sitio web.

Espero que estas informaciones le ayuda.

Hasta pronto

Sophie 

[email protected]

Bloc CMS d'information client

Hi Toby,

I found out today that if you don't use the express check out the payment modules work. I had set up the express check out the payment modules were working and then it went beserk. But this afternoon I removed the express check out and reinstated the 5 payment steps which is a real nuisance but I am pleased to say that now my "potential" clients can finalise their order. At least I won't lose anymore because of this. So in case you've opted for the express check out and reinstate the 5 steps for paying the order at least you may have one issue sorted. Hope this is useful to you, have a nice evening.

Sophie

• Like 1

I am just about ready to give up with prestashop.

The ticket support system is useless. i wasted 2 tickets telling them the same issue and both times they just said that there is no issue. I don't even think they bothered to check at all!

If any expert here could help by going to my site and try to sign up for my newsletter bock (just above the footer on the left side of screen), you will receive a verification email and i need to confirm why the link on the email is not clickable.

I have tried on various laptops and mobiles, both from website emails like gmail/yahoo etc as well as from downloaded email software and the links are always non-clickable. but the prestashop support team says it is clickable. Various customer have complained about this as well so it should not be a email software issue. In fact, most of the links on the email sent from my website are not clickable. i had to manually go to the Core emails and replace all the links manually which took up alot of my time. However, for the verification links (password reset, newsletter signup etc) i do not know how to fix the problem. 

and for the modules, I would highly suggest that if prestashop wants to force us to pay money for modules ONLY from the addons store, prestashop should ensure that all issues would be resolved easily and fast! And also that modules that claim to be compatible with prestashop cloud should actually be compatible! For example, the theme developer (Shoes Store Responsive) has not bothered to reply to me since mid Jan. And the module i bought to import my products from my 1.4 prestashop version (All data migration) did was not able to actialy import most things and when i contacted the developer to inform them, they actually deleted ALL the categories on the prestashop cloud version that i spent hours on creating and adding to all my products. Now i have no categories and even if by some kind of luck they actually did a backup before they deleted my categories, i will have to spend lots of time adding products to the categories again!!!

My experience is simply unacceptable!!!!

I have just found out from the developer of ALL DATA MIGRATION that they did not backup my categories on my prestashop cloud before they uploaded the ones from my prestashop self-hosted site.And as the developer they should know that when you want to upload anytihng, there will be a pop up prompt to ask if you want to delete any previous data. and obviously they click yes otherwise my original categories would still be there!

Can anyone from prestashop let me know if there is any possible way for me to get a backup copy from the cloud server?

thanks in advance!

Hello Kookietoby.

I am also having a bad experience with prestashop cloud. I purchase a template through their add on service, the template came with a revolution slider...great i thought! after purchasing the template & uploading it....i found out that the revolution slider isnt compatible with prestashop cloud..no mention of this at time order!!

So i though ok...i can live without it....but it seem the template as a whole isnt compatible with cloud, even tho its advertised in their add on theme catalog for cloud. I to have wrote on the forum, but still not had it sorted....if it isnt soon...i will contact my credit card supplier to ask them to retract the payment...i dont see why i should pay for something that doesnt work...did you get your problems sorted out?

take a look at how my website looks, half of it missing, the other half all jumbled up!

Did you cleared the cache ? Tab "advanced parameters -> performance -> on the top -> clear cache"

Prestashop Cloud is for people using the software out of the box, without any changes on theme or modules. That's why it is free. You cannot expect to run there a shop with own theme and modules and 100.000 of products. It is for small business with zero know-how only.

If you need to have extras, it is better you pay for a good hosting (which by the way don't should be very expensive). 19 euros per months and you are of the save side for a flexible hosting service.

Edited by selectshop.at (see edit history)

your theme well I purchased theme, paid, and never received it,

no response

no support

no money

no theme

no thread I started about my problem here on the forum and my thread isnt even public...

If you have a question or need help please post a new topic so community can help you.  

Edited by El Patron (see edit history)